DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Using Trekking Treez with a bridge hammock

I just ordered a single Tensa Trekking Treez pole. I know the documentation says a ridgeline is required, but I recently watched a YT video where a single TT and tree were used to hang a WBRR.

Since the WBRR doesn't have a ridgeline, is that a viable option? Or are there some potential issues?

EDIT: here is the video link I saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBmVu0zUqUg
    Last edited by jdy98p; 08-15-2022 at 12:19.

Australia...Sub-Tropical Qld, Temperate Tasmania & Tropical Thailand
    Hammock
    Madtree Tarseer
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    You tension the guidelines against the structural rigeline for that perfect hang every time.(gathered end hammck) Quicker to set up.

You can set up without a rigeline on a bridge but there's a couple more sit tests (because there's nothing to tension your guidelines against) before you hit the Goldilocks zone...just right. Takes a little longer.

Or you can add a adjustable rigeline... they're lightweight. More fiddle factor. If need be, it can also be used as a guideline extender if the ground is too hard/rocky for a boomstake.

There are a few suspension options on the WBRR so connecting to the Trekking Treez Hubz may need some thought too. I don't own a WBRR, I use a hybrid bridge with a single spreader at the head end so there's no connection issue for me.

Adapt & overcome, play around at home before you hit the trail.

The less fluffing around at the end the day the better.

Let's face it, the majority of the time you'll have trees to hang off, but occasionally, waking up to 'that' view needs a one tree hang.
    They're a good strong trekking pole.

You can also drop Tensa a line, they're communication is good & they like feedback on their products.
    Last edited by ofuros; 08-16-2022 at 22:37.
    Mountain views are good for the soul....& getting to them is good for my waistline.

https://ofuros.exposure.co/

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Just got back from a week of camping where I had to use my Tensa Solo two or three times. I clearly saw that if I had a "ridgeline" - as a long measuring stick - it would have made the setup quicker because the spacing wouldn't have to be discovered each time and having that line to hold the pole - trekking or solo - while setting the straps would make it a little easier.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Journey
    Insulation
    UP Synthetic
    Suspension
    beckett hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    Just got back from a week of camping where I had to use my Tensa Solo two or three times. I clearly saw that if I had a "ridgeline" - as a long measuring stick - it would have made the setup quicker because the spacing wouldn't have to be discovered each time and having that line to hold the pole - trekking or solo - while setting the straps would make it a little easier.

Yup, I've got the Tensa Solo for car camping, and I keep telling myself that I've got to get some spare non-stretch cordage and make up a simple ridgeline as a setup aid. I'm sure it would save at least 5 minutes.

• + New Posts