Tarp
    Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images

PA > Fall Hang > MAHHA > Sept 16-18, 2022

Don't miss the 16th Annual Fall MAHHA 2022!

Happy Fall, y’all. This is a Family-Friendly Event at a Caledonia State Park!
    NOTE: This venue may change (again) for the Spring Hang.

WHEN
    FRIDAY, September 16 - SUNDAY, September 18

WHERE
    Caledonia State Park
    101 Pine Grove Rd, Fayetteville, PA
    https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateParks/F...s/default.aspx
    GPS DD: Lat. 39.9089 Long. -77.4783

We have reserved all 5 group sites once again, so plan on a weekend of fun, hiking, gear showing, golf, and as always, eating. The cost for this is covered by donations.
    FULL CAMPGROUND MAP http://elibrary.dcnr.pa.gov/GetDocum...LE_ParkMap.pdf

GROUP CAMPGROUND MAP
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1itD...ew?usp=sharing

PARKING GUIDE / MAP
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SAI9RH1B2Mq3VyrisA5mb_cv3i90XAMb/view?usp=sharing
    The Yellow arrow shows the group campground entrance (gear drop off lot).
    The Pink arrow shows Parking Lot #1 where you can park your car for the event.
    The Light Blue arrow shows AT Overnight Parking lot if you are backpacking before/after event.

CALEDONIA REC MAP
    http://elibrary.dcnr.pa.gov/GetDocum..._ParkGuide.pdf

WHO'S COMING? SIGN UP - Please click the link below to sign up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...lMQ/edit#gid=0

FOOD DONATION SIGN UP – PINK underlined tab at the bottom of the page https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...lMQ/edit#gid=0

EVENT DETAILS
    Food Focus
    Dutch would like to have a Tex-Mex Theme on Saturday night. Bring your best Texi-Mexi meal for dinner. We have 2 different categories to sign up for:
    • Main Dish
    • Dessert
    Everyone is encouraged to bring a food contribution for dinner (Tex-Mex or not). Please see the sign-up sheet for categories to sign up in. There are other items needed at the bottom of the sheet, so please sign up if you are able. You are more than welcome to attend, however, if you are unable to bring a contribution. Dutch’s heart is for all to attend our hang.

All meal contributions need to be on the serving table at 5:15pm. Meal will begin at 5:30pm. This is a judgement-free zone.
    Instead of reserving a pavilion, we have decided to pop easy-ups and eat at our group camp site.
    • Saturday Breakfast: Breakfast burritos
    • Saturday Dinner: Tex-Mex Theme

Raffle
    We are having one! $10 per ticket. Raffle details will be revealed as vendors send them to the shop.

Free Camping
    All 5 of the group sites have been reserved for this event. The cost for these sites is covered by donations.

Cell Phone Coverage
    The park office mentions that they have pretty good cell service for Verizon but ATT can be sketchy. However, Wi-Fi is available at the park office with password shown in window. You will find best coverage toward Rt 30 corridor.

Precautions
    Please bring your own hand sanitizer, mask for close quarters, and observe all PA COVID-19 recommendations. https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/dis...Travelers.aspx
    If you are showing even mild COVID symptoms, or if a family member is sick, please do not come to the event. We are asking you to take your temperature before heading to the gathering. The last thing we want is for anyone to get sick.
    We are asking for each group campsite to be cautious. Also, please be respectful of other’s choices to wear a mask or not because of health conditions.

Pets
    Great news! This park is “pro pet”. However, they only welcome well behaved pets. Also, whether you bring a dog, cat, bird, or ferret, please keep him/her/them on a leash.

Free Firewood
    Each of these group sites have their own campfire ring. Friends of Caledonia are dropping off a load of firewood on Friday night as we will be donating toward their care of the park. Note: The park allows gathering dead, down wood, but no chainsaws in the park.

Water
    The group site has water at the group camp bathhouse. Also, cool stuff, they have a sink outside of the restrooms for dishwashing. Another fun fact: with our reservation, we have shower privileges at the Hosack Run Campground. Just a short walk down the Chambersburg Waterline Trail and you have new, beautiful shower facility available for use. Yay!!

Bathrooms
    The group site has men and women's flush toilets and sinks with running water. See above links for shower house location.

Parking
    Our group will be the only one using the group parking lot. PLEASE park at the office once you drop off your camping equipment. We struggled to have enough room in Spring, but more parking is available at the park office. The Midland Trail will take you to Group Camping from there. Also, please obey all park rules/signs and don’t park in front of the gate.

Pre-Hikers/Post-Hikers – Check their website for up to date information. Map for AT Overnight Parking: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K2o...ew?usp=sharing

Alcohol
    No alcoholic beverages allowed in the state park. Rangers will be patrolling the area.

Vendor Sales
    As with all MAHHAs, there will be no vendor sales. MAHHA hangs are for fun, new friends, food, chillin’, etc. We, as a group, do not have a sales permit for this park and have no interest in obtaining one.

Clean-up After Dinner
    After the meal: Please make sure you clean up your eating area and take with you, or dispose of, any food containers and cast-iron items you’ve brought. This will help to leave the group camping area in the same or better condition than when we arrived.

Leaving Your Campsite
    Sunday when leaving group hang area: Please look around your area before you leave to make sure everything is cleaned up, again, let us leave the group hang area in the same or better condition than when we arrived. If someone forgot something, take it with you and post on HF.

Organizers
    Thanks to all who help serve, clean, collect, and donate. We have such an excellent group!!
    I want to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable and beautiful and afraid of nothing
    - - - as though I had wings. Mary Oliver, Starlings in Winter

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    I really look forward to these events. It's always fun hanging with old friends and making new ones, checking out other people's gear, sharing my hanging ideas and learning new new tricks. and being surprised by whatever new twist Dutch adds to the fun!
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hey, PopcornFool!!! Will be good to see you again! You bringing....popcorn??

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickence View Post
    Hey, PopcornFool!!! Will be good to see you again! You bringing....popcorn??
    Of course!! I wouldn't want to disappoint y'all.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

I'll be there, and will be pleased to meet ya, but I'll pass on the popcorn, it sticks in my teeth!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon or DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & CDT TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'll be there!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DYI gathered end
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* FJ & zep
    Suspension
    Straps/cinch Bckl
    Images
    planning to attend

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear 30
    Suspension
    Dutch BeetleBuckle
    I'm in! Looking forward to it!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    I always like going SOBO; somehow, it feels like going downhill.

...and as it harm none, do what ye will.

Awesome!!! Will be cool to see ya there! We're gonna have an awesome time!!!

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    UGQ over & under
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I am excited to attend my first group hang. Thank you to everyone who worked to put it together!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast