EGL HEADS NORTH TO TEMAGAMI!!!

Keewaykeno's been championing this trip for a while, so maybe it's best that I just quote him here verbatim.

We've tossed around a Temagami trip for a while so let's give it a shot this year, assuming the world doesn't go completely to hell in the interim. Setting dates early will give help those who need to plan far ahead to set the time aside.

The Friends of Temagami folks suggested the last week of September is optimal for fewer people, no bugs, great fishing and good chance of decent weather.

I'm proposing six nights from Tuesday Sept. 27 through Monday October 3. This provides a longer trip for those who can get away but also a shorter weekend opportunity for "marshmallows".
My research suggests a good access point with decent roads is the Sportsman's Lodge where there is secure parking for a nominal fee. I will correspond with the owner for details once I have a sense of how many are interested to ensure he can accommodate the numbers.

Our destination will be Donald Lake, only two short (295 m. and 860 m.) portages. Map below.

For those who follow him in YouTube this was Jon's (then 'Backcountry Angler' now 'Lost Lakes') favourite lake before he moved north of Superior. The North end is said to be reminiscent of Killarney, with good sites and fishing with several day-tripping opportunities. This lake is within the non-operating Chiniguchi Waterway Provincial Park ... so no permits required. That's right Highboy, FREE (except for the mortgage you'll need for the gas to get there).

OK, so who's interested (and actually may be able to go)? Not talking commitment, just want to get a rough idea of numbers. I'll give it a week before I reach out to the Sportsman's Lodge.

Cheers,

KeeWayKeno

So there you have it! Temagami this fall!

I'm pumped! Any other takers?