Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hammock fabric help

I have some wilderness logics double layer night owl hammocks- my wife finds these more comfortable than her current Warbonnet XLC.

The XLC is a single layer, I believe 40D?

We want to get her a hammock with a bug net, that more closely matches the WL night owl fabric. I haven't had much luck pinpointing the fabric used, it sounds like it was possibly 1.5oz ripstop (Double layers)

What would be my best option to get a similar feel to that WL hammock/fabric?

I'm looking at a Hexon 1.6 half-zip hammock from Dutch, does this sound like it would be similar?

Thanks in advance

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    I think the DW Hexon 1.6 would be pretty good. I know she didn't like the WB XLC single layer, but maybe a double layer XLC might work?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    I think the DW Hexon 1.6 would be pretty good. I know she didn't like the WB XLC single layer, but maybe a double layer XLC might work?

We were just aiming for lowest cost/fastest leadtime I suppose. Well, that, and just in case the "style" of the XLC is part of what she finds a bit uncomfortable too, although I think its probably just the fabric type. I have a few years older XLC, its listed on the receipt as a single layer 1.7. Hers is a single layer 40D dream-tex.

Shes used her XLC for a few years now, on a number of trips. Ive been hanging one of the WL Night owls in the yard for naps, and I think shes finding a comfort difference between the 2.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I think the Hexon is probably your best bet as well. Good luck!

I got a Hexon 1.6 from SLD a few weeks ago and love it, great feel and super comfortable.

Hexon 1.6 as a single layer?

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DW Wide Rectangle
    Insulation
    Jacks r Better zip
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    What about it was more or less comfortable?

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by binfordw View Post
    We were just aiming for lowest cost/fastest leadtime I suppose. Well, that, and just in case the "style" of the XLC is part of what she finds a bit uncomfortable too, although I think its probably just the fabric type. I have a few years older XLC, its listed on the receipt as a single layer 1.7. Hers is a single layer 40D dream-tex.

Shes used her XLC for a few years now, on a number of trips. Ive been hanging one of the WL Night owls in the yard for naps, and I think shes finding a comfort difference between the 2.
    Ya, maybe the Hexon 1.6 then. For sure, different hammocks feel different just by their nature, and the different fabrics add another factor to that. Not that it helps with your question, but I have a WB Eldorado SL in the 40D dream-tex; super comfortable for me. I also have a DIY SL in 1.9 ripstop, and it is super comfortable for me. I think the Army ruined (spoiled?) me for sleep; I can sleep anywhere in anything. This isn't helping you though.

Hammock
    DH Darien / WBBB
    Tarp
    HEX Asym / Minifly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 40
    Suspension
    Beetle/ Cinch
    Images
    Stretchier or firmness? That is the good question! I like firmness fabric. That is why I chose MTN 1.7 to my Darien and FreeBird! I also own a Blackbird in 1.6 and when I sleep on it it down on me I should get it in 1.7 fabric. I'll order one sooner or later.

I have a Wilderness Logics double layer. I believe it is double 1.1. I also have a XLC in the double layer 1.1. I find both comfortable. I tend to use the XLC in the Spring, Summer, and Fall because of the shelf and integrated bugnet. I use the WL in Winter when I go topless. I also have a Dutch single-layer in the 1.6 that is comfortable as well. I can't say that I prefer one over the other. I just prefer one over the others in different times of the year.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Mine is a single layer, a double layer would certainly be more firm.

For me I found the fabric soft to the touch, not super stretchy either. My favorite fabric is still AirWave but Hexon 1.6 is a close second now.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast