Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    What a fine weekend!!!!!

The only significant rain we got was Sunday evening, for the 8 that stayed.
    We knew it was coming and put-up Son of Blue. And we were glad we did!

Some thanked me for a wonderful group hang, but all I did was some organization, along with Hickery.
    The people made it special!

So great to see old friends and new, even if it was a short visit.

WV, I miss seeing Kanguru too.
    And good info on the hat mod.

Hope to see some of you at The Yates Hang next month!
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    HG 10’ w/net
    Tarp
    Anything with door
    Insulation
    HQ 20*/40* UQ-TQ
    Suspension
    Tree straps to con
    As always, you fellas put on one heck of a hang. Another great year and some great weather to test out gear.

It was great to see everyone and meet new comers, welcome to the asylum. Just like the Eagles song, “You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.” (In a good way though)

Whoever donated the Moon Pie’s to the raffle, your my hero.

WV, I really like your BH design, by chance do you have a pattern you could share? I would like to make my own.

Hope to see everyone at the winter hang.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    New campers, please forgive me, if I misspell your name or forget to list
    Mike Hitt, Brittany, Adam, AJ, Scrambler, Richard Rendawg, Peeeeetey and Josh’s two dogs—dog1 and dog2 sisters, WV Dave’s dog, and Tracey did you bring a new hammock camper Hickery? Did I get something out of sequence?

Phantom getting old, getting feeling I’ve left someone out. Collective memory works best

Enjoyed meeting new and old friends, and the cooks are to die4
    Uncle Bubba, Scrambler, PappyAmos, Hickery, Tracey, VLion, Peetey, Deborah, Meghan, Josh, Roger, Anne, Slowhike, and Phantom “cooked” hors d’oeuvres (Cheese, popcorn, mixed nuts, and hot chocolate)

Again, remind me if I left someone out
    Collective memory works best

And some experienced hammock campers might have made their first visit to Grayson. T-Minus might be new to Grayson, but not new to John Rock etc.

VLions daughters Arianna and Gwen did a professional job selling raffle tickets and Announcing our raffle—Thanks

Thanks to TomTom, WV Dave and others for demonstrating hammocks at festival

Thank you Slowhike and Hickery for hosting Grayson Fall Festival Hammock Hang

Aaaaaaaiiiiigggghhhtttt

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Yes, Gwen and Arianna did a great job of selling tickets and calling them out!
    Phantom, the 8 people who stayed Sunday night, went through all the names we could remember, and some up with about 40 people, counting kids.
    Hickery has a list and is going to add them to the tarp, Son of Blue 🔵
    And yes, a huge thank you to all those that cooked all that awesome food!
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    SingleNest/Chameleon
    Tarp
    Wise Owl
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Atlas/Dutch Beetle
    We had a great time this weekend! Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming to us newcomers!

We will definitely be around when time allows, and hopefully better prepared based off the recommendations everyone gave me, especially TomTom (thanks again for letting me borrow that underquilt!). Been shopping around for underquilts since we got home yesterday- Black Friday seems so far away...

Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20
    Suspension
    Straps and buckle
    Another fantastic Grayson hang. It was wonderful to spend some time with everyone again and meet some new people as well. Thank you Hickery and Slowhike for doing all you do. Special thanks to all the cooks who provided a fantastic Saturday night meal. I sampled everything and was thoroughly satisfied with a OMG full belly. Until we meet again...We are Yates!

Hammock
    Walhalla
    Tarp
    Walhalla
    Insulation
    Trailheadz & JRB
    Suspension
    Birch Buckles
    Images
    Great time had by all. Thanks for all the good conversions and fun time by the fire. The food was awesome. One of my favorite hangs.
    HANG WELL MY FRIENDS AND HANG IN THERE!

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Need2noCallahan View Post
    WV, I really like your BH design, by chance do you have a pattern you could share? I would like to make my own.
    Need2no,
    Thanks! I'm working on an extended tutorial, but here's a preview.
    To make this People's Bridge Hammock that is just the right length for me, I used two measurements, my height (67.5") and the distance from the floor to the center of my knee cap (19.5"). The PBH has 3 sections, "T", "L", and "F": (1) T (torso and head) = height minus knee cap height (67.5"-19.5"= 48")(2) L (leg) = knee cap height (19.5")(3) F (foot + storage) length is arbitrary, not based on measurements. I used 12" for this. There is an extra 16" of fabric at each end for end caps. Total fabric length is 112". Note: a PBH doesn't need to be exactly the right length; it can be longer and still be very comfortable. Using the formula for maximum spreader bar length (about 80% of fabric width), the spreaders are about 42" and 33".The fabric width at the end spreader is 53". Then it tapers to 30" at the location of the knee ridge between T and L. Then it widens again to 42" at the foot spreader, which is between L and F.
    PBH drawing.jpg Fabric is folded in half for measuring here. I use Wright's polyester blanket binding for the edge reinforcements and 1/2" polyester webbing for strength inside it on the edge. You will have noticed that my wooden spreader bars fitted in pockets at the corners. You can also use standard aluminum spreaders and Dutch's aluminum bridge hardware instead of the pockets. The end caps are Grizz's "Origami" design. The material I used is 1.6 Hexon.

There are a number of details omitted in this preview. Feel free to PM me with questions.
    David

Hammock
    HG 10’ w/net
    Tarp
    Anything with door
    Insulation
    HQ 20*/40* UQ-TQ
    Suspension
    Tree straps to con
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Need2no,
    Thanks! I'm working on an extended tutorial, but here's a preview.
    To make this People's Bridge Hammock that is just the right length for me, I used two measurements, my height (67.5") and the distance from the floor to the center of my knee cap (19.5"). The PBH has 3 sections, "T", "L", and "F": (1) T (torso and head) = height minus knee cap height (67.5"-19.5"= 48")(2) L (leg) = knee cap height (19.5")(3) F (foot + storage) length is arbitrary, not based on measurements. I used 12" for this. There is an extra 16" of fabric at each end for end caps. Total fabric length is 112". Note: a PBH doesn't need to be exactly the right length; it can be longer and still be very comfortable. Using the formula for maximum spreader bar length (about 80% of fabric width), the spreaders are about 42" and 33".The fabric width at the end spreader is 53". Then it tapers to 30" at the location of the knee ridge between T and L. Then it widens again to 42" at the foot spreader, which is between L and F.
    PBH drawing.jpg Fabric is folded in half for measuring here. I use Wright's polyester blanket binding for the edge reinforcements and 1/2" polyester webbing for strength inside it on the edge. You will have noticed that my wooden spreader bars fitted in pockets at the corners. You can also use standard aluminum spreaders and Dutch's aluminum bridge hardware instead of the pockets. The end caps are Grizz's "Origami" design. The material I used is 1.6 Hexon.

There are a number of details omitted in this preview. Feel free to PM me with questions.
    David
    Thanks WV

That is a great layout and design. This is going to be a fun project to work on and I'll definitely hit you up with questions. Maybe I will.have something suitable for the raffle next year. 🫡

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Glad ya'll had a swell time. I did have a Hammock Tee-Shirt for the raffle sent to Hickery's house but it did not make it in time. Regrets.
    Shuggo
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast