What is the name of the style of cheap hammock that has a stuff sac sewn in?

Is there a name for that style of hammock that is common for hanging for quick sessions in parks?
    The features I'm looking for are:
    -Open (no bug net)
    -Webbing with sewn in loops, to quickly and easily attach a carabiner
    -Pocket sewn into the hammock itself, that acts as a stuff sac

I have one already, but it is double wide. I want to get one that is single wide instead for two reasons: the sides taco up too much, and it is very difficult to lie comfortably and also actually see out of it. I don't need/want the extra bulk and weight due to the extra fabric.

There are hundreds of different brands of these on Amazon. Are any of them better than the others? All I am able to find in hammock forums is discussion on hammocks that are geared towards camping and sleeping in.
    I already have a great camping hammock, I'm just looking for something simple that does not have the attached bug net.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Hammock choices are user specific. There might be a brand I like that someone else might not like.
    For quick day lounging most hammocks that fit your specifications will be good.

If you plan on falling asleep in your hammock, your comfort will be enhanced with a hammock 11 feet long by 5 feet wide, or just a few inches wider than 5 feet. You don’t want a hammock 6 feet wide or close to 6 feet wide, since you don’t want the extra width of a “double” wide hammock.

I saw an 11x5 hammock at REI, but most of their hammocks were much shorter. Most hammocks sold in stores, even Cabellas, Bass Pro Shops, and Dicks Sporting Goods tend to be the shorter hammocks. Many of them are under 10 feet long.

Great for lounging! Not so great for sleeping, especially for more than a short nap.

A popular cottage vendor is SLD
    Simply Light Designs
    He might have features you want. If I remember correctly, his hammocks do not obstruct your view.
    And you should not feel closed in by extra width fabric.

Also Dutch can make a hammock to your specifications
    dutchwaregear.com

Or you might be perfectly happy with an ENO hammock.
    Some experienced hammock campers are fine with shorter hammocks for camping and backpacking.

Amazon has quite a selection of hammocks, but most of them are 10 feet long and shorter.

Good luck

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    For quick day hanging (not camping) I have one from Rural King that I got on sale for 9.99 a year or so back. It lives in my truck with a set of ENO straps I picked up used for 10.00. Added in a couple of climbing rated Carabiners and I am all set. Just know the cheap hammocks are all way too short for anything but a short nap, at least for me and I am only 5'2"
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

I can't find the product description and length of the one I currently own for comparison.

How is the length defined? Is it from end to end of the fabric?

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    Yes, the length of the fabric. Note that often the lower priced hammocks measure from the end of the hanging loops rather than measuring only the fabric (and you don't always know that from their descriptions!) The vendors usually discussed on these forums give dimensions of the fabric from end to end, rather than including the suspension loops, clips, etc.

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    ENO (Eagle's Nest Outfitters) is the standard brand matching that description. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of knockoffs.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Hvn
    Insulation
    Apex/Down
    Suspension
    Birch/Beetle buckl
    My understanding is that there are a few factories in the Far East that produce a basic 9’-or-so hammock with sewn-on stuff sack in large numbers, which a company can rebrand with their logo for a fairly minimal cost. They’re all similar dimensions and fabrics, relative durable, and perfectly fine lounging hammocks. It’s a common enough design that I’ve seen some camping-type hammocks retain the integrated stuff sack as a useful feature; my old Hammock Bliss Sky Bed has it, though it has other features that are less generic, and lots of variously-branded integrated-bugnet hammocks follow the same pattern. Once you add netting and zippers, the generic ones start to vary more in quality. ENO’s build quality is pretty good, though the relatively short length is a deal-breaker for many of us. I don’t know of a general term for the sewn-on stuff sack, other than “sewn on stuff sack.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• + New Posts