Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images

Who has the lightest hammock with bugnet on the market?

Right now our hammocks are running around 2 lbs with suspension. We have Dutch's beetle buckle straps and HG bugnet hammocks around 2 lbs. Can we beat this number?

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by peeeeetey View Post
    Right now our hammocks are running around 2 lbs with suspension. We have Dutch's beetle buckle straps and HG bugnet hammocks around 2 lbs. Can we beat this number?
    I'd have to weigh mine separately, but my hammock is 19.6 oz and my stakes, straps, tarp ridgeline and storage sack are 11 oz combined, so well under 2 lbs for hammock and straps alone. I don't really go super light either. That is a 1.7 MTN hammock with standard cinch buckles and Warbonnet poly straps.

It's a DIY and also almost 12' long. If your good with going down to 1.2oz and 11' or shorter, you could get significantly lower.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Integrated full bugnets have zippers. Zippers add weight.

It might be worth considering a Netless Hammock with a Fronkey (bottom entry) style bugnet to save weight.
    During bug season, I typically take an extra-wide (67") netless 1.7 MTN XL hammock, fronkey bugnet, and Dyneema huggers with Whoopies for well under a pound and half. But you can do much better than that with a standard-width hammock made from lighter fabric and a lighter fronkey than mine. It's conceivable to buy stock and still get to about 3/4 of a pound total weight if you're small and don't weigh much.

If you must have an integrated bugnet, Dutch makes a hammock with a partial bugnet called the "Half-Wit" you might want to consider. No zippers, but also not a full bugnet.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    My DH Darien made of MTN 1.2 with 2x 9' Kevlar straps in its bishop bag weighs 14.8oz.

Related discussion here.

Of course you can go with the extremely light Cloud .71, Monolite, etc, but I worry about durability with those. I also have a Hexon 1.0 Half-wit which, with Kevlar webbing suspension, weighs about 11oz.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    My lightest integrated bugnet hammock is also a 1.2 Darien. The cloud fabrics are lighter, but there are always trade-offs. Even having gone ultralight, I have switched back to a 1.6 hammock because it is just more comfortable to me with a little less sag. You have to pick and choose where you want to loose weight in your kit. Sometime the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Hammock
    Dream hammock darien
    Tarp
    Hg Winter palace
    Insulation
    HG burrow, WB yeti
    Suspension
    Spider web 1.5
    I had a wide Darien in mtn 1.2 but tore it through user error, very nice hammock. If you stick with hexon 1.6 or mtn you should easily drop a pound, particularly with lightweight straps, with a hammock from almost any company. I would definitely avoid the ultralight fabrics, particularly if you do multi day trips.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Not a netted hammock, but the lightest I have is the Dutch Cloud .71 which weighs in at 0.41 pounds (185g) with the suspension. I've hung in it enough times to know that it's not going to be a legit camping hammock, but I take it along as an extra "comfort item" when I'm tent camping to have something to hang from. https://lighterpack.com/r/avm25v
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    I think Trailheadz makes the lightest options now. According to their website, the Poltergeist weighs 8oz with a 200lb weight rating. And their Banshee UL is 11.5oz with a 275lb rating. I have a DH Darien in Mtn. 1.2, and it's 13.5oz.

https://www.trailheadzhammocks.com/

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chef4 View Post
    I had a wide Darien in mtn 1.2 but tore it through user error, very nice hammock. If you stick with hexon 1.6 or mtn you should easily drop a pound, particularly with lightweight straps, with a hammock from almost any company. I would definitely avoid the ultralight fabrics, particularly if you do multi day trips.
    Definitely, when doing anything more than a 1- or 2-nighter with easy bailout where failure is not an option, something in the 1.6-1.7osy range would be my choice.

How did you deal with the 1.2 Mtn failure? Backup air or CCF mat?
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Banshee / Chameleon
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Topo
    Insulation
    CRO / JRB /TH
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight
    @Peeeeetey, the lightest hammock with an integrated budget on the market, that actually campable. Is the TrailHeadz PoltergeistSUL. Mine weighs in about 8oz. Lighter than your cellphone.
    Poltergeist Review

The next lightest would be the Banshee UL. My Banshee comes in at 12.5oz with a ridgeline organizer and peak loft.
    Banshee Review

IMO I usually take the Banshee it's quite possibly the most comfortable hammock I've owned and slept in. It's more durable than the Poltergeist stretches where it needs to and is firm in the other spots. 10.5x58" finished dimensions John & Karen really did a great job removing weight where it needed to come out but doing so without sacrificing overall use and comfort.

Oh and let me know if you wanna meet up and give them a test drive
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”
    ― Norman Maclean

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast