SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

SLD Catch All

Got to test out SLDs catch-all this weekend. Worked fantastically well, was easily able to fit a hammock and TQ/UQ hammock set in with no problem. Based on the size I could easily get 20F quilts in as well, though 0F and lower might be a bit of a tight fit.
    With this setup, I basically rigged my suspension, hooked up the hammock ends, then unrolled the catch all. Setup time is WAY faster with this now. Cant wait to use it out on the trail sometime soon.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Hvn
    Insulation
    Apex/Down
    Suspension
    Birch/Beetle buckl
    I love the Catch-All — the only problem I encounter is that I have trouble getting the thing to compress effectively going into my pack. Even with the line of mesh to help it vent, I feel like I take up less space doing everything separately. I use it all the time anyway, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    We have a couple that he made us in a waterproof material. I don't use them for packing my hammock and quilts, instead they are used when we have a base camp that we take day trips from. That way I can just skin the hammock and quilts, skin up the tarp in it's mesh skin and feel secure that when we return to camp everything will be dry and undamaged by any random wind storms.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Hvn
    Insulation
    Apex/Down
    Suspension
    Birch/Beetle buckl
    Quote Originally Posted by LowTech View Post
    We have a couple that he made us in a waterproof material. I don't use them for packing my hammock and quilts, instead they are used when we have a base camp that we take day trips from. That way I can just skin the hammock and quilts, skin up the tarp in it's mesh skin and feel secure that when we return to camp everything will be dry and undamaged by any random wind storms.
    That’s really cool — I had to relocate once during a storm (my tarp was trying to escape, and I was right next to a roofed shelter where I could hang from the eaves, so I did), and it was great to be able to bag the hammock and bedding to dash to the shelter with it. Even the non-waterproof material kept most of the water off. Then I just put the tarp in its snakeskin, and worried about it in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    Been using SLD Catch All's for quite some time now to stow the hammock, TQ & UQ & they do work well, even the winter size version. I just take one end of the Catch All & start jamming it my pack all the way to the bottom. Of course, quilt fill power, hammock & accessories, i.e., peak shelf, ridge line organizer, etc., will impact compressibility, but I generally prefer this method over packing each item individually. The biggest advantage to packing this way, IMO, is time taken for deployment & takedown.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 3
    Suspension
    UCR/Spider Straps
    I have two of them, the sil nylon standard with vent and a mesh winter/wide version. Like ObdewlaX I use it to speed-up packing and deployment while on trail. The summer kit fits fine and I don’t notice any difference it pack volume vs. packing individual components. My 20s and zeroes take a little more space using the catch-alls, but the time saved deploying and packing up the next am is worth it to me. I have a peak shelf and RO and I leave my pillow, top quilt, and sleep clothes in the hammock when stuffed into the catch-all. It’s a much more convenient way of packing for me on trail.

Hammock
    WB XLC Lightweight DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Becket
    This is genius and with the luxury of a 120L canoe pack, everything can be packed up together.

ADD TO CART!!

For the longest time, the ground dwellers in our group had the upper hand and loved to tease about how long it took the hammock hangers to unpack and fiddle with their setup. NO MORE!

Genius.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Love mine! I keep mine in a drysack that also serves as a way to compress it further.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

• + New Posts