Another DIY packable Tensa stand ( UK )

Hi all ..
    I'm posting this up in order to get feedback on the design before I attempt to copy it myself . The guy who kindly put the details into the accompanying PDF was the builder ..Chris Hodge in the UK . He
    built it some time ago but never got round to offering it on HF's. I recently asked him if I could start a thread on here regarding it and he said no problem go ahead .

Could all of you with an interest or knowledge of Tensa builds please offer any constructive criticism if things might be improved in some way before I go ahead to copy .

Also ..regarding similar builds ..there are many pages on here and I haven't the time to search through them all so if anyone has digested it all ?..are you aware of any superior builds in relation to design that are relatively inexpensive and easily packed and transported ?

I will be carrying mine on a bicycle so weight is not so important but prefer it not to be too long ..hence the appeal of this design .

I was in the states I would probably purchase direct from Tensa but sadly with our exchange rate, shipping charges, tax and import duties + courier admin charges ....much stuff from over the pond ends up being mega bucks unless someone stateside is kind enough to forward it as a gift? ( on the paperwork at least!)

Any advice /suggestions much appreciated and thanks in advance .

Regards
    Bill
    PDF for download[ATTACH=CONFIG]

images of pages below

188705[/ATTACH]Screenshot 2022-06-20 18.58.24.pngScreenshot 2022-06-20 18.59.01.pngScreenshot 2022-06-20 18.59.19.pngScreenshot 2022-06-20 18.59.37.pngScreenshot 2022-06-20 19.00.14.pngScreenshot 2022-06-20 19.00.52.png
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by willywombat; 06-20-2022 at 13:14.

Hi willywombat

I did something similar using EMT conduit from Screwfix. I tried the spring clips, and they held but bent so collapsing it after was a right pain. I've bought the pipe clips to replace them. Is on my to do list, but "she who must be obeyed" also has a to do list for me!

My version had 1" conduit in the middle and 3/4" at each end. Instead of gaffer tape I bought heat shrink tubing to take up the slop. I cheated and bought different colours for the legs so I wouldn't get them mixed up.

The EMT conduit will be a lot heavier than the aluminium, but was only £10/leg.

Let us know how you get on, I might have a go with this design since it will pack even smaller. Although mine is for car camping so weight isn't an issue, until I have to walk from a car park to the camping area.

That's interesting Nigel ..perhaps a way to do it cheaply for a test run . Since posting this up another UK DIYer has put details up of a build she did based on the details above . It looks pretty good and she was king enough to produce another detailed pdf regarding the process . It is on the Hammocks UK Facebook group and if You'd like to see it and are not a member you may need to join . I will put the link below and if any problems please contact me as I have downloaded a copy . Once you can view the group just go to the files section and you will see the pdf there by Charlotte Barnes. Hope that helps http://https://www.facebook.com/grou...090/?ref=share

Thanks Bill, I'll join and see if I can get onto it, cheers Nigel

• + New Posts