I love love love hammocks. Own 4, a couple backyard hammocks, a double klymt hammock and a hennessy hammock deep jungle xl. And finally, also a Paria Sanctuary 10x12 cat cut tarp, and hummingbird hammocks XL tree straps. I'm 6'6" and 205#.

I am trying to be more of a ULW hiker for bigger hikes and future thru hikes. I already have a 2022 Durston X-Mid 1P and 2P tents, and am trying to create a ULW hammock setup so I have the option of either tent/hammock depending on what I prefer for longer trips.

I posted this question on reddit and realized I don't just want a hammock chair, I want a ULW hammock that is comfy and modular.

If so, I had these questions regarding their order form.

I think getting a 12 foot UL hammock from dream hammock in 1.2MTN-XL is the way to go. I appreciate the recommendation!

Just a few questions:

1. The model I want is just the basic FreeBird right? I.e. keep it modular by not having the bug net embedded into it.
  2. Should I make the ridgeline adjustable? Seems like YES because I won't have an integrated bug net.
  3. Suspension -- just the continuous loop right? Since I already have the hummingbird tree straps.
  4. Underquilt or Tieout hooks -- I don't use an under quilt, I use UL pads (thermarest x-therm and uberlite); so I think I'd say no to the under quilt setup? And I'm not sure what tieout points are, I think my Henessey Hammock Jungle XL has them, but not sure I've ever used them. Ideas?
  5. For width, do I select as wide as possible?
  6. Is dream hammock the best choice for an ultralight weight setup like this?

Many thanks!