WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

BBXXLC?

I was thinking the other day, there are alot of bigger guys out there(big and tall) who would be interested in a 12 foot, wide version of the black bird hammock. You could call it "the blackbird XXLC" - has a nice ring to it! With that design, can you think of any reason why it wouldn't work? Its a bit of a niche market, but I think it would be a big success! I believe the standard wookie would still work on it. No insider information- just wild speculation and day dreaming!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki 0deg
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I’m only 5’8 but I’d be interested in it.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    The standard Wookie won't even fit the XLC without jury rigging it. It's designed to fit the original Blackbird. Warbonnet makes a separate-sized Wookie (the Wookie XL) to fit the XLC. They would need to create a third size to fit a 12'/wide/XXLC version of the Blackbird.

The Blackbird XLC is designed to be modular (i.e., removable/exchangeable bug net, winter top cover, etc.). I know that the bug net is specifically designed for the hammock dimensions and wouldn't work on a larger size hammock without putting tremendous stress on the netting. I'm not as familiar with the winter top cover, but that may be the case for it as well. Therefore, WB would need to design (to resize) and produce those components specific to a 12'/wide/XXLC version of the hammock.

Although there may be some desire for an XXLC from larger folks or others who just like bigger hammocks (myself included), I doubt that Warbonnet would have enough of a market to warrant the development and production costs for a larger version. But who knows ... if enough folks show an interest, maybe they will!
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I LOVE my 12 footer from Dutch. It is the most comfortable to me but i havent tried attaching a quilt yet. But for lounging, its my favourite.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Yes, the would be a market for a 12' Blackbird in Europe. I know plenty of 6' plus men who upgraded from an XLC to a 12' hammock because they felt to constricted in the XLC.

Making an XXLC would probably be a pretty big investment because the custom-made zippers would need to be longer. But a Blackbird XXL (non-Convertible) would side-step this problem. However, this would mean going back to offering dedicated lefty Blackbirds, which is what the convertibility avoids.

• + New Posts