Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images

JRB Mt. Washington and Warbonnet Ridgerunner

Anyone know from experience if the Mt. Washington (older original model) is compatible with the WBRR?

More or less set with UQ. Couple different weight Yetis & the Mt Wash for real cold nights for the Traveler and Blackbird. But thinking about a bridge style hammock. But really not interested in adding another UQ to the quiver.
    Noel V.

Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    The mt Washington line fits the WBRR great. It doesn’t play as nice with the saddle bags as the lynx does . Peter pan( previous jrb owner) has some pics you can find on here on his profile or a search I believe. Basically clip head end directly to loops that the dog bones are larks headed to and use one of the jrb suspension hangers on the other. Kind of hard to explain but feed the other end of the quilt ends under and over the foot bar and each side is clipped to shock chord that wraps around each dog bone a few wraps and meets up at a center carabiner clipped to the continuous loop. Easier than it sounds.

edit… I added a photo of foot end for reference.kris
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kmazuro; 06-02-2022 at 20:04.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    Kmazuro, Thanks! Appreciate the info and image. Will search out PeterPan's pics.
    Noel V.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    When I connect a GE UQ to a bridge (RR or RSBTR DIY), I open the "Cinch" at the ends all the way to give maximum width. then I run/hook the primary suspension on the spreader bars. So the shock-cord goes across the spreader bars and turns parallel with the bridge at the ends of the spreader bars. It's worked for casual hanging, but for "real" temperatures I use the Lynx or Ridge Creek.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    Absolutely agree as far as the fit and weight savings of the precisely fitted lynx! What I do like about the mt Washington series is that there is not any suspension per se on the quit itself. Just four heavy duty corner tabs to hang it how you see fit. Either using their separate suspension or your own clips and shock chord. It really allows you to stretch it out tight which is what is needed for a bridge. It was after all designed to be used for their bridge hammock. I do also run a length of shock cord through the end cinch channel and the same cord lock as the cinch string so it form fits to the bridge but only stretches as far as the cinch cord is adjusted.
    kris

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    Recently viewed a Shug video where he showed how he attaches the Yeti uq to the WBRR. Have a couple different weight Yeti used on the WBBB and WBT. Found the old and forgotten JRB uq protector while digging around the hammock gear storage bins of unused and extra gear. Plenty of webbing tree hugger straps of various length. BB and Traveler have diy whoopee sling style of suspension with just enough tree hugger webbing to wrap around most trees. So more or less all set for a bare WBRR. Decision. Double or single bottom. Thinking double for pad option and one more layer to reduce bug bites.

At least in the northwoods. Real bad mossie this late Spring/early summer. Wet April into May and now warmer days. You also gotta like ticks.
    Noel V.

• + New Posts