Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Looks really nice! How did you fuse the reinforcements in the main fabric?

Hammock
    TTTM Pro
    Tarp
    DIY half-door tarp
    Quote Originally Posted by richardblank View Post
    Looks really nice! How did you fuse the reinforcements in the main fabric?
    I wrote fuse, as I presume the materials really must have fused together quite well due to the materials (silicon impregnated textile) and "glue" being the same material, but let me explain it better.
    I simply glued the two textile layers together with some general household silicon that I bought off a hardware store. I'm sure this has been explained in many guides, but anyway this is how I did it: the silicon was somewhat gel-like in texture, and I spread it evenly on the reinforcement piece and slapped it onto the main tarp. Then I pressed down the relevant parts of the tarp for a few days to make a good seal. There was some paper towel as well to prevent getting silicon glued onto my books which I used as weights.

Quote Originally Posted by HangingFinn View Post
    I wrote fuse, as I presume the materials really must have fused together quite well due to the materials (silicon impregnated textile) and "glue" being the same material, but let me explain it better.
    I simply glued the two textile layers together with some general household silicon that I bought off a hardware store. I'm sure this has been explained in many guides, but anyway this is how I did it: the silicon was somewhat gel-like in texture, and I spread it evenly on the reinforcement piece and slapped it onto the main tarp. Then I pressed down the relevant parts of the tarp for a few days to make a good seal. There was some paper towel as well to prevent getting silicon glued onto my books which I used as weights.
    Ok, thanks for the info. Does it still hold up well?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Hammock
    TTTM Pro
    Tarp
    DIY half-door tarp
    No faults with the tarp so far. I think I could simply sew it at the edges should the silicon-glued reinforcement layer ever start to separate. It's been a rather good tarp, the half-door design is very good against windy rain (but obviously a full door is best). I do recommend the design. If I'd ever make another, I'd probably use grosgrain at the ridgeline as per the original instructions - it's simple enough and seems like a sturdier option, the weight penalty is minimal too.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123