Too many to list
    Tarp
    Diamond/Rectangle
    Insulation
    Onewind/sleep bag
    Suspension
    spider loops

Onewind top quilt

I bought one of the XL Deluxe ones rated 35 - 50 degrees. The stated dimensions are 91 x 63 inches. As a 6'3" 250+ lb individual I found it quite roomy and comfortable. Someone taller than I should have no trouble fitting. Extra layers of insulation inside should be no problem. Very easy to get into while in a hammock. Much easier than trying to get into a sleeping bag. Naturally it arrived as we hit 80 degrees out, so I haven't been able to see how well it fares in colder temps. I might order one of the slightly smaller ones with a 45 - 70 degree rating to double up in winter.
    Obviously, at under $100 this is a budget item but I thought the way they set it up (2 pieces that snap together) and various snaps and drawstrings to reconfigure it was pretty smart. Even the way it goes over your body, works pretty well.

I'd be interested in hearing others people's experiences with these.
    Last edited by BigBill; 05-26-2022 at 13:29.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    If we're talking about the one that you can also wear like a poncho . . . I really didn't like the strap and buckle that ends up under your calves when it's in footbox form. I cut mine off.
    It's also bulky and heavy for it's rating. And if I remember correctly you can't draw up the Necky . . . or maybe you can't snap it together behind your head . . . something like that.
    I did like the concept of what they were using for insulation but was not able to find much in the way of info on it.
    I keep it in Florida where I go a couple times a year and humidity and dampness is an issue.

Of course I'm not the best person to ask about TQs as I only have two, a Onewind and a JRB Shenandoah and I don't really like either of them.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    HH Monsoon 70D Pol
    Insulation
    CCFP
    Suspension
    Straps/Ropes
    I like mine. The buckle hasn't bothered me. The string by my toes does sometimes, but I usually stop noticing it pretty quickly. I don't remember what size I bought but I do wish it was a little smaller. It's a lot longer than I need for my height (5'8"), and since it's so bulky I wish it was a little shorter so that it took less room in my pack. For the price I've been happy though. I'd love to upgrade to down someday for packability, but in the mean time I have no regrets. I'm curious about how well they do if they get wet since they're not synthetic. Has anyone had to use one after it got wet?
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Not all who wander are lost
    - J.R.R. Tolkien

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    I think technically it is considered a synthetic, it's just made from a bio source. I haven't had any of ours get "wet" though mine did hit the ground for a while during a hurricane while I was doing some tarp fighting and I just grabbed it up and stuffed it back in the hammock when I noticed. I can't say that I noticed any difference but it was a pretty wet night for both of us.
    You can take the drawstring at the foot and wrap it around where it's drawn up, kinda like tieing up a potato sack. That keeps it from being loose.

"Sent w/o me knowing"

• + New Posts