Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

Trip Report: WI > 6th Annual BACONFEST >Nelson Dewey S.P. in Cassville, WI > May 2022

The 6th Annual BACONFEST was held at Nelson Dewey State Park in Cassville, WI on May 20-22, 2022. There were 12 in attendance + 1 cat. Six returners and six newbies. We had campers drive from Wisconsin and Iowa. BACONFEST T-shirts were a new addition this year.

This was the first year where hammock stands were necessary.
    There were only three good hammock trees available and we used them to set up Swung’s new Haven Hybrid hammock so we could inspect it.

On Saturday morning, most of the group walked aboard the Pride of Cassville Ferry to take the 20 minute upstream ride over to the Iowa landing. ‘

Many toured the park and took in the grand sites overlooking the Mighty Mississippi River from atop the cliffs.

Our winners of Bacon Bite Night were:
    Best Savory Dish – Franklin’s Bacon Stuffed Rangoons
    Best Sweet Dish – Canoeski’s Sisters’ Neuski’s Bacon Old Fashioned Drinks
    The Jayne Skeff Honorable Mention Award – MetalMan’s Carrot Cake with Bacon Crumble

And we welcome the newest member (and youngest) member of the Red Bra Club. Welcome, Anna! We support you!

It POURED rained while driving there, but we fully enjoyed bonfires both nights. The tradition of raining at BACONFEST is once again!

Friday: 69° / 46°
    Saturday: 63° / 38°

If you want to see ALL the pictures from the weekend, then go here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PMXpykrGKpiSjYwx9

To
    see videos from this year, go here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPVFc0ZKGpQ&t=67s

Next year's location and dates will be official once the campsite has been reserved.
    Unofficial dates: May 19-21, 2023.
    Location potentials: Potawatomi SP, Council Grounds SP, or Point Beach State Forest
    There is a possibility this will be another hammock stand only hang.
    Last edited by Karla "with a k"; 05-26-2022 at 10:44.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    Gold Armour 10.4
    Tarp
    Gold Armour 10x12
    Insulation
    DIY synthetic 30*
    Suspension
    Spider straps
    I had a great time Karla, and the food was fantastic! Good people, good food, and good fun. I am pleased with how warm my underquilt kept me Sunday morning.

• + New Posts