A couple of yrs ago I started using the Kelty tarp pole and a tree to hang from. I've hung from the Kelty pole a couple of dozen times. I've learned that it is best set at about shoulder height. The lower it is the stronger and more stable it is. If possible make the tie off point slightly lower than the top of the pole. The anchors are critical. Using the wheels of my bike has worked well on multiple trips.

I broke down and bought the overly expensive YOBO stand in January. I've used it, I think 8 times so far this yr. That is I've set it up 8 times and slept in in about a dozen nights. I like the stand, it sets up easily and is secure. The Kelty is slightly harder to set up, because it wants to fall over until it is tied out. The Yobo is heavier and harder to take apart, especially when it cold. Pressing the small buttons with cold hands is hard and painful. I think if Yobo cut the price in half they would have a hard time keeping them in stock.

Both have worked well for me. If you weigh over 200 or don't care about the cost I recommend the Yobo. If you have other things to do with your $ I'd go with the single pole setup.

I find that I now use only 1 tree even when there are lots of trees available. I like using a stand because it lets me set the hammock in any direction I want based on view, wind what ever.

Sent from my couch