Tarp
    Minifly
    Insulation
    Yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    You will never know if you prefer a single or double layer until you try them.
    Most UQs can go either way left or right. My UQ playlist to peruse....https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...mBYSPGHjdyGqsL
    Also maybe consider a hammock like Superior Gear with snap on UQs. No fiddling.
    Shug who also loves oysters

Thanks Shug. I've watched that first video several times LOL. Started watching the Starlight one now. Next time you're down here on the coast give me a shout. We'll fry you up some real local shrimp. If season is open then we'll steam some oysters.
    I've lived here my whole life mostly and have only walked the Neusiok trail once. And that was in the 7th grade. Many moons ago

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Good deal! I haven't treated my hammocks and haven't had any issues. Clothes yes, but the hammock seems to provide enough protection.

The 40F partial UQ works for me just about year round here in Florida. We do get some drops into the 20s and 30s. I've used my 40F set up in NC mountains during the late spring, summer, and early fall. Only got cold once (lower legs and feet) as it got into the 40s. More of a setup issue and going to bed cold, plus I didn't have anything to supplement the footbox.

If you're looking at only one set of quilts...go for 20F.

Looking at the WB sale...tarps aren't included???

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    Minifly
    Insulation
    Yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTurtle View Post
    Good deal! I haven't treated my hammocks and haven't had any issues. Clothes yes, but the hammock seems to provide enough protection.

The 40F partial UQ works for me just about year round here in Florida. We do get some drops into the 20s and 30s. I've used my 40F set up in NC mountains during the late spring, summer, and early fall. Only got cold once (lower legs and feet) as it got into the 40s. More of a setup issue and going to bed cold, plus I didn't have anything to supplement the footbox.

If you're looking at only one set of quilts...go for 20F.

Looking at the WB sale...tarps aren't included???
    I don't believe the tarps are in the sale. At least not in the email. I don't know if they would still give the bundle deal either seeing how the other stuff in the sale is already discounted?

I seriously looked at the 20F Yeti. I also read/watched how it can be vented so that might be something I need to re-look at. My thoughts are when its really cold(to me) less than 40F I would spring for the Wookie. Spread out the crying some.

I've read the "go 10f lower" thing. Makes sense. I gotta crawl before I walk. Or hang that is.

Edit to add: Turtle, you know the heat and humidity being in Florida. Though not quite as bad here, its still killer being right on the coast here. With the wetlands, marshes, etc, the skeeters are Hell's Angels. No insult to Hell's Angel MCC meant.
    Last edited by Oyster; 05-25-2022 at 10:01.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
    I don't believe the tarps are in the sale. At least not in the email. I don't know if they would still give the bundle deal either seeing how the other stuff in the sale is already discounted?

I seriously looked at the 20F Yeti. I also read/watched how it can be vented so that might be something I need to re-look at. My thoughts are when its really cold(to me) less than 40F I would spring for the Wookie. Spread out the crying some.

I've read the "go 10f lower" thing. Makes sense. I gotta crawl before I walk. Or hang that is.
    If you get a Warbonnet make sure to carefully read their set-up instructions. Pay attention to footed height and where eyes are in relation to tie out....https://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/wp...mock-setup.pdf

Heed the Learning Curve.
    One step at a time.
    Enjoy the process.

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    Minifly
    Insulation
    Yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Will do Shug.

I did spend about 20-30 minutes today with my old Onewind trying to figure out my lay. Seems head left is a bit more comfortable but I could go either way. I did discover that I like to use my left hand to grab things outside of the hammock. And head left makes that more natural. I'm a little weird, I'm ambidextrous kinda sorta.
    I'm right eye dominant and do everything right handed beside write, eat, etc. Don't know if the left handed thing is what made my decision? I figure worse case is that I have an epiphany and decide to switch, I could unload the Yeti and get a custom. I like the idea of having a quilt specifically made for the hammock. There again I might be weird

Hammock
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Have you slept in your Onewind? When lounging, I can just lay there and not worry about the lay direction.

However, sleeping...I'm doing gymnastics. Laying on my back, my side, on my stomach. Rolling left, rolling right. An asym forces me back into lay position. The symmetric, I got a whole playground to work with. I will shift from head left to the other side and go head right and then back again. But I sleep great!

Don't overthink it too much. Get your setup, get out there and try it out. If it don't work, selling any of the WB gear won't be a problem. Stuff moves on here.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
    Looks like it was an oversight on their part...the website has been updated to include stock tarps on the 15% discount.

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    Minifly
    Insulation
    Yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Have you slept in your Onewind? When lounging, I can just lay there and not worry about the lay direction.

However, sleeping...I'm doing gymnastics. Laying on my back, my side, on my stomach. Rolling left, rolling right. An asym forces me back into lay position. The symmetric, I got a whole playground to work with. I will shift from head left to the other side and go head right and then back again. But I sleep great!

Don't overthink it too much. Get your setup, get out there and try it out. If it don't work, selling any of the WB gear won't be a problem. Stuff moves on here.
    Actually I did sleep for about an hour in the Onewind before I sold it originally. It was unintentional too At that time I wasn't looking for my lay though. And the UPS driver drove up on my shop while I was asleep LOL. Slept like a baby but without testing the lay preference. I THINK I was head left? Can't remember.

I agree at this point that I should stop nit picking and buy. Their sale starts Memorial day.

Looks like it was an oversight on their part...the website has been updated to include stock tarps on the 15% discount.
    Great! I just checked their website and you're right. They added stock tarps so that helps ease the pain a bit. I need to find out the deal on items not in stock and how it effects the sale. The Eldorado(single layer) is currently out of stock in the color I want
    I don't mind waiting some if they honor the sale price until its ready. They seem topnotch! When I emailed last time they literally responded within an hour. Very prompt.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    When they do these sales on in stock items...thats it. If it's out of stock, sale is over on that item. You can keep checking for stock updates, so you might get lucky.

Keep in mind, the codes don't activate until Monday 5/30 thru Wed 6/1.

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    Minifly
    Insulation
    Yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Fingers crossed on the in stock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast