Hennessy tree huggers slipping

I've been practicing hanging my Hennessy hammock. I've been using two pine trees which are around 8 inches in diameter, give or take a couple of inches either way.

The tree huggers aren't long enough to wrap around the trees twice, but when they're wrapped around the tree once they're not under a lot of tension, and keep dropping down when I'm tying the Hennessy lashing.

If I start off with the straps above head height they often slip down to shoulder or elbow height.

I've tried to maintain a bit of tension on them when tying the lashing, but it's difficult.

After tying the lashing I've tried sliding the straps up the trunks a bit, but when I put weight on the hammock they tend to slide down again before settling. They don't slip after that, or when I get into the hammock.

Anyway, I'd appreciate some tips on how to set things up correctly!

Hammock
    DH Darien / WBBB
    Tarp
    HEX Asym / Minifly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 40
    Suspension
    Beetle/ Cinch
    Images
    Hi, just pass one end of the tree hugger through the loop of the other one. They will wrap around the tree and you can lash the suspension in only one loop!
    I've done that many times with no issues.

Thanks for that! I did wonder about doing that, but thought the Hennessy tree huggers might not be designed - I saw that some tree straps have single loop and are designed for bucks suspension. Also, I hadn't been able to work out in my head if it would be possible to use the Hennessy Lash with a single loop!

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    deejayen, another adjustment would be to run the webbing so it comes off the side of the tree instead of in the middle. I think there is something about the mind that imagines a line coming from the middle of a tree and a tarp ridgeline being level, when neither is necessary and maybe even not preferred.

If the single loop style gives you too much of a “tail” on the remaining length, you could put a Marlin Spike hitch in it, with a carabiner, closer to the tree, and attach the hammock to the carabiner.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Back when I had mine, I ended up tying a caribiner near the end of the hammock to clip to the hugger, adding a whoopie sling if needed for length. Most trees I want to hang on in my area are relatively small and typically wasn't an issue to just clip to the hugger. I also had a bottom entry version so that clipping closer to one tree left plenty of in and out room on the open end.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

• + New Posts