Quote Originally Posted by chknbone View Post
Count me in! I'd love to meet you and PG at Yates Friday at noon to hike in (as I have no idea where Beech Camp is). I'll have to head out Saturday morning though as we're hosting family for Easter on Sunday and I'm sure my to-do card will be full

Thanks for posting!
Chknbone, directions to Beech Camp are in April Fools Hang thread
From Yates, gravel road in Yates, past metal bar gate, 50 yards to spur trail, take spur trail 5 minutes to Tbone, and turn LEFT going South on Uwharrie Trail, hike about 30 minutes and turn RIGHT on Dutchman’s Creek Trail, hike about 45 minutes to where Dutchman’s Creek Trail crosses Dutchman’s Creek 3 times in rapid succession.
Beech camp is as soon as you cross Dutchman’s Creek the second time
Cheat Code: You can cheat and skip both creek crossings by walking close to bank of Dutchman’s Creek about 50 yards and magically you will be at Beech Camp

Hiking poles are recommended to help balance either when crossing Dutchman’s Creek twice, or staying on same side along the bank

On the way to Dutchman’s Creek while hiking on Dutchman’s Creek Trail you will step across several smaller streams—they are not to be confused with Dutchman’s Creek

First time in best to hike in with someone who has been there before and or use a trail navigation app like AllTrailsPro

The three creek crossings should show on your navigation app. But the name Beech Camp is made up by me and is not indicated on maps.

Good idea to download maps onto your phone at home or where you have WiFi, so when you are in woods and don’t have a good phone signal, your map will still be on your phone showing your location in real time.

Download Dutchman’s Creek Uwharrie Trail figure8 loop or something like that