Hammock
    12' SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images

Thumbs up The "Starter"

This is a great hammock package with excellent value! I like that this "Starter" kit takes some of the guesswork out of details that can be confusing to those who are just getting into hanging. Although this is not my first hammock, it is my first true backpacking hammock. I purchased my first hammock from a sporting goods store, and quickly learned that it was not entirely adequate for real backpacking trips or for sleeping overnight. Compared to a typical big brand hammock that can be found at a sporting goods store ( ENO, Kammok, Fox Outfitter, etc.), this SLD "Starter" hammock kit is lighter, comes in longer sizes, and comes with a ridgeline. The ridgline helps keep the sag in the hammock at an optimal level, regardless of the distance between the trees you hang from.

I purchased the 12' version with Hexon Wide 1.7 fabric and the cinch buckle suspension system. The total weight, including the stuff sack and suspension system, is 26 ounces.

I am 6'6" tall, and the 12' length fits me well and gives me a pretty flat lay. The cinch buckle suspension is straightforward and easy to use. Compared to the typical big brand suspension systems that have a series of loops and carabiners, the cinch buckle system makes it easy to make micro adjustments.
    I highly recommend this product!
    Last edited by mountainmatthew; 04-07-2022 at 16:20.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainmatthew View Post
    This is a great hammock package with excellent value! I like that this "Starter" kit takes some of the guesswork out of details that can be confusing to those who are just getting into hanging. Although this is not my first hammock, it is my first true backpacking hammock. I purchased my first hammock from a sporting goods store, and quickly learned that it was not entirely adequate for real backpacking trips or for sleeping overnight. Compared to a typical big brand hammock that can be found at a sporting goods store ( ENO, Kammok, Fox Outfitter, etc.), this SLD "Starter" hammock kit is lighter, comes in longer sizes, and comes with a ridgeline. The ridgline helps keep the sag in the hammock at an optimal level, regardless of the distance between the trees you hang from.

I purchased the 12' version with Hexon Wide 1.7 fabric and the cinch buckle suspension system. The total weight, including the stuff sack and suspension system, is 26 ounces.

I am 6'6" tall, and the 12' length fits me well and gives me a pretty flat lay. The cinch buckle suspension is straightforward and easy to use. Compared to the typical big brand suspension systems that have a series of loops and carabiners, the cinch buckle system makes it easy to make micro adjustments.
    I highly recommend this product!
    Yes, the SRL will guarantee consistent sag but you still need to keep you hang angle within reasonable limits. If the SRL is too tight, you may end up putting extreme stress on things. Just sayin'.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Cinch buckles. Remember to tie an overhand knot just above the buckle with the excess strap. I've used several types of CBs over the years. They can be hard on your straps and all will slip on you eventually. The safety knot will keep you from hitting the ground.

SLD does great work. Nice hammocks at just about any elevation.
    Signature suspended

• + New Posts