Tarp
    Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Images

Hanging the Banyan from a stand.

Been wanting to play with my Banyan Bridge but the weather here in the Chicago area has been a bit wet. As the mud puddle in my back yard keeps growing into being more like a pond, I've been contemplating names to give it.
    Between the weather and work, getting time to run down to the FP is tough. I have a Turtle Dog stand that works well for my gathered end hammock, but the width is a bit short for the Banyan Bridge. I added a small section of about 4 feet to the top pole which is 1-3/8's chain link top rail and with the addition of that pipe it just bent under my weight. 1-7/8's pipe is hard to get in shorter lengths around here and the longer ones cost more than I want to spend just to see it bend too. Wondering if anybody here might have some suggestions. I thought about using some galvanized water pipe but that gets pretty heavy in the bigger diameters.
    I had a stand that was made out of 2x4's but those take up too much space are pretty heavy and need to be moved for lawn mowing let alone kill the grass. She's not going to move the stand, I'm not always around to move it and as long as she's going to mow the lawn, I'll accommodate her by not having one of those.
    Eventually when we figure out some posts. I'll have those to hang from but until then It's the stand. Having a stand, I can not only use in the yard but also bring it car camping (pickup truck) would be nice to have. One stand that works with both styles of hammocks and sets up as quickly and easily as this one.
    Really would like to just make the stand I have work for both hammocks.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless 11'
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20*
    Suspension
    All the Dutchware!
    Maybe a tensahedron style stand? This thread is about modifying the Tensa4 stand, but it could easily be applied to a diy tensahedron stand.

• + New Posts