Has anyone used the Haven XL? I went ahead and ordered the Haven Safari which should be delivered in June. After trying several different types of hammocks I've found I'm most comfortable in a bridge-type hammock. I currently have one of Bill Townsend's Big Guy Bridge Hammock and really like it. The Haven Safari also appeals to me and just might get an even flatter lay...maybe. And before you say anything, I'm mainly a car-camper so weight is not my concern because I know this one is heavy. If I do hike it's short distances - no long hauls that I would really be concerned about weight of the hammock.

I've seen Shug's video with his Haven XL and a few others out there who have reviewed the Haven XL. I do know a big change in the Safari over the XL - they've fixed the zipper issue so it's more user friendly. No more long reaches at the very end of the bug net to get to the zipper pull.

If I have a concern, it's the "using the insulated pad as your bottom insulation" idea. The pad only has a R-4 insulation value and I do like to winter camp within reason. R-4 isn't going to cut it. So far I haven't seen anyone try to fit an UQ to the Haven XL. Or maybe someone has, but I haven't seen the video yet.

If it's delivered in June, it's first outing with me will be the annual John Rock hang in mid-July (in the Pisgah National Forest near Brevard, NC). Looking forward to it!