New HammockForums member - first post.

I got a HammockGear Wanderlust kit a few weeks ago, and took it out for a quick overnight shakeout backpacking trip last weekend. Overall, I would give my night's sleep a solid B, but I think I can do better. Looking for some help tweaking things.

1. The HG Circadian hammock ends have a red and a black carabiner. Do these indicate a head and foot end? I was thinking red=head, but can't find anything definitive, and couldn't see any obvious shape differences between the two ends. If it helps, the red end is the end with the mesh pocket for the bugnet.

2. I had a couple issues with the bugnet zipper separating. Does this indicate I'm doing something wrong with my hang? Maybe too tight?

3. The hammock body and underquilt have a series of plastic d-rings. I couldn't find any clear guidance on what these are for, so I played with using them to pull out the head and foot to help with a diagonal lay, and keep the underquilt better positioned under my head and feet. Should this work, and if so, any tips on the best way to do this?

Here's a photo of my setup. Sorry for the crappy pic.

BTW - the groundsheet and blanket under my hammock were for my dog. That needs some work as well, but I'll save that for another post!

thanks,
Chris