Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

XL Amok Draumr 5.0, UL pad and UL tarp for sale

I ordered an Amok set-up (xl hammock, UL pad, UL tarp) from Norway, and after four nights have decided it's not the right hammock for me so I'm putting it up for sale.

All items are in like new condition, except the hammock. Comic-tragically, I got the zipper of my sleeping bag caught in the hammock bug net (middle of the night user error), so there's a small hole in the bug netting about a foot up from the foot end of the hammock (see pics of hammock). Strikes me as easily patch-able, and does note impede view. I'm knocking $100 off the hammock due to the small hole.

For sale:
    Amok XL 5.0 in Blue: $140 (new price $240 including duty and taxes) This is not the UL version.
    Fjol XL Ultralight pad: $165
    Skjold 10 Ultralight tarp: $150
    Pole set: $15

Total price: $470. I paid $570 new and again have used it for four nights total in my backyard....I'm located in Duluth and will ship as needed. Let me know if you have questions or need more information. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tom-o; 03-29-2022 at 12:06.

Sorry the photos came out sideways...?

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Just to be clear, these items can only be sold together and can not be sold individually as there are more than three items in the set
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

This is a good way to get fully outfitted for the upcoming hammock season!

Does this set come with the inflation bad for the pad?

Yes, it was part of the pad equipment (pad, stuff sack, inflator bag).

I’m interested Tom. Can you tell me why you decided it wasn’t for you? I have an original blackbird and a second gen ridge runner already. I sleep well in the ridge runner but have always been curious about the as amok.

Once I was in and settled I found it to be very comfortable. I liked how flat the lay was. I also liked 'chair-mode.' I found getting in and out to be awkward, though I realize it would likely become second nature in time. All in all, I liked the blackbird xlc better. I liked how enclosed I felt under the tarp, and how easy it was to get in and out of...The draumr, while comfortable, just wasn't for me I guess. Feel free to reach out for more info. I can send more pics in need be.
    Thanks.

I tried to get a super close up of the hole/damaged spot. The hole is quarter sized or so with some other small damage.. It's a small area and about a foot up from the toe box. I believe it's easily fixable with a stick on mesh patch or some solution of your choosing. Kit is brand new and only used four nights. Let me know if you have questions or need more info. My wife has venmo so I can take that form of payment. Sorry, I'm not tech savvy and don't know why pics are loading sideways... pad and inflation bag.jpgAmok, pad, tarp, poles.jpgAmok hole.jpg

Here's the Lost Lakes guy giving a good overview of the 5.0: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVqOwgwTCLI&t=317s

Reminder that while there is a small hole in the mosquito netting, I knocked $100 off the hammock price for that small bit of damage.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast