Karo Step Wooki Clone Underquilt?

Hello again Hammock Forums!

Last year I had to sell my DIY setup due to some 'Rona malarkey, which was a bummer, but that means I get to remake everything with the knowledge I gained.

That means updates!

I was originally looking at making a Clew underquilt. However, I figured if I was making the whole thing from scratch, why not go the extra mile? I'll make a Wooki Clone!

I've looked through the forums with the search feature and haven't found too many threads about making one. The best one's I've seen kind of peter out with discussions of various differential cuts.

I'm curious if I'm missing any? I'd like to not reinvent the wheel if someone has already documented making a Wooki Clone. Does anyone know of any threads or videos of this that may have gone unnoticed? Are there any seminal guides?

Does anyone know of anyone that made a Karo Step Wooki? I feel like that would be beneficial to the Wooki. Is there any reason to avoid it? Is it an exciting prospect?

Thanks!

tl;dr

Any Wooki Clone guides out there? Any benefit to making it with a Karo Step?

Hammock
    DIY Full Zip Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Silp.Winter.T
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix
    Suspension
    1”poly w/BrzBuckle
    I don’t know the wookie quilt but there is a great video by this guy in Texas who makes a 3/4 length Karo step underquilt. I just finished my first UQ a few weeks ago. I really debated making it a Karo step version but settled on a fairly standard UQ with straight baffles for simplicity. I think with the Karo step you may be able minimize some of the mess from stuffing down. Mine was so messy that I stuffed my down in an igloo we made in the back yard. A site to behold watching a grown man crawl out of an igloo covered in feathers.

AE8F367B-D4ED-4CCA-930D-CD390EA38E88.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lhVgUGx0xAM
    Last edited by MontrealBagels; 03-19-2022 at 00:45. Reason: Add link

• + New Posts