DIY MTN 1.7 11' x 62"
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Becket to CL

MTN 1.7 fabric availablitiy

I have sent a couple of messages to RSBTR through their site but have not heard back. Hoping they might see my message here or find other sources for the material. The MTN XL 1.7 fabric is currently available in purple and orange, something in a more subdued color would be preferrable. Has anyone heard news of the fabric being discontinued or if there are other sources / similar alternatives to the MTN XL 1.7? I've used Hexon 1.6W and it's good but the MTN 1.7 is much more supportive.

They have only had purple, orange, and blue for several months now. Weirdly enough, I was able to buy some black MTN 1.7 from them about a month ago but they didn't have very much in stock. Wish they had more, or wish they had some other nice colors like brown or green. If you have to choose between those three colors, may I suggest the purple. I have the purple and I'm happy with it and it subdued enough. It's just not cool like the green .

2023-11-15_15-19-18.png

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    It's my belief there is not a substitute for this fabric.
    You've got a bit more flexibility in gathered ends, but for bridge hammocks there is no better fabric I've found. Period, the end.
    This isn't a dig against Hexon or Warbonnet's version as those are great fabrics, but the Hybrid weave really is a unique offering compared to the others.

The Purple is a nice solid 'royal purple' Probably the more subdued of the 3 for those looking to blend in.
    The Blue is a nice solid 'superman blue'
    The Burnt Orange is attractive as well... more subdued than a safety orange or plain orange without the duller 'brick red' tones others have.
    Over the years I've come to appreciate having a light or brightly colored target for my butt to hit when it's time to sort out the tangle of layers hammock camping can be.

So not the worst colors to choose from for those with immediate needs but clearly the Black, Dark Olive, Coyote brown or charcoal grey many prefer and have cleaned out from stock.

I'm not clear what the issue is but I have been asking all of 23' and at this point I think I have more of this fabric in stock than RBTR does, but may be in trouble after the holidays as well.
    This is the primary fabric I use in my shop, but I'm pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

SO... my question to add to the topic...

Any other vendors out there like me who are willing to chime in/add some pressure or sales volume to a restock order if that's the issue?
    I know there are folks here who also use the fabric and maybe a little uproar would help whomever it is that handles the buying/mill orders to get this one moving so both vendors and retail customers have the option.

The Mountain 1.7 and 1.2 are 'flagship fabrics' in my mind... and a fairly exclusive fabric for RBTR they shouldn't be neglecting.

They are out of other items I'd also consider quite essential, for example their in-house venom 1" ultralight webbing which I'd also consider flagship quality. One could only get this at RBTR and is their premier exclusive webbing. Also, they are out of much of their climashield which kind of boggles one's mind! How could they be out of that.

Hammock
    DIY MTN 1.7 11' x 62"
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Becket to CL
    Maybe they have cash flow problem. Whatever the reason I hope they figure it out sooner than later.

There is an update. I filled out a help form last week and included a url link to this thread and again asked about fabric availability. I think they took notice and saw how beloved their fabric is. RBTR just now replied to a review of mine on their website and it appears they are working to restock some of the darker MTN 1.7 colors. Thank you RBTR!

Also, if they are reading this, please also restock venom 1", climashield, down insulation, and the full range of mara 70 thread colors. Thanks!

Hammock
    DIY MTN 1.7 11' x 62"
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Becket to CL
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnin View Post
    There is an update. I filled out a help form last week and included a url link to this thread and again asked about fabric availability. I think they took notice and saw how beloved their fabric is. RBTR just now replied to a review of mine on their website and it appears they are working to restock some of the darker MTN 1.7 colors. Thank you RBTR!

Also, if they are reading this, please also restock venom 1", climashield, down insulation, and the full range of mara 70 thread colors. Thanks!
    Hey, that's great news. Thanks for the update.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnin View Post

Of course it's nice to be able to do a one-stop shop, but for Gutermann thread, check this site out and prepare yourself for analysis paralysis!
    https://www.wawak.com/thread/thread-by-brand/gutermann/

Hammock
    DIY MTN 1.7 11' x 62"
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Becket to CL
    That metallic tex33 in gold would go great with the purple 1.7 mtn. Probably end up hitting the ground shortly after sitting in it.

RBTR also replied to my help ticket and said they estimate this fabric will restock Q2 of next year. Being that it's a custom fabric of a specific quality, I wouldn't wait until then to place an order, so if you need something by spring, you may just want to order an existing color now.

• + New Posts