Chameleon or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    UGQ budget
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    straps, mule tape

First Camping Hang in Chameleon!!

After owning the Chameleon for nearly 2.5 years, I finally took it out camping. I've had many backyard hangs in it, but this was the first time on a trip. I was able to get out beyond the usual spots outside of Oakridge and found a spot I'd come across on a fishing trip a few years back. The creek was high and fast, the fishing quite slow but the hang was long and wonderful! The only downside...I forgot my CRL hanging between the trees. Grey Zing-it, a Dutch hook and Wasp were left strung up. Nearly invisible and the last thing to be taken down and stowed, I just forgot it!!!! I doubt it will still be there the next time I'm in the area. Hopefully someone finds it that knows what it is and appreciates the simplicity and versitility. I already have a replacement made up...this time with yellow Zing-it.

Hang on,
    Jay

salmoncreek1.jpg

salmoncreek2.jpg

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Bummer about that CRL. I left a set of straps with Dutch beetle buckles behind on a trip. That sucked. Because it was only midway thru the trip, and I didn't find out until late afternoon when I started to setup.

So...why not just leave the CRL attached to the tarp, then run the snake skin over it so you don't forget it next time?

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Hvn
    Insulation
    Apex/Down
    Suspension
    Birch/Beetle buckl
    Easy to do — I’ve packed up one of my scouts’ tree straps, and later on had a scout pack up mine (very embarrassing). More of a bummer when it’s nicer stuff, though. Dutch bling ain’t cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Once you leave something like that behind....bet you won't again. Takes once to learn.
    Glad you finally got out in the Chameleon~~
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ budget
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    straps, mule tape
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTurtle View Post
    Bummer about that CRL. I left a set of straps with Dutch beetle buckles behind on a trip. That sucked. Because it was only midway thru the trip, and I didn't find out until late afternoon when I started to setup.

So...why not just leave the CRL attached to the tarp, then run the snake skin over it so you don't forget it next time?
    I've always preferred to pack and set up the CRL separately. I do stuff the wrapped CRL into the same stuff sack as the tarp however. I'll try your suggested set up in the backyard a few times to see if I like it enough to change. It would definitely eliminate the possibility of forgetting one piece!!

Thanks for the thoughts,
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jay S View Post
    After owning the Chameleon for nearly 2.5 years, I finally took it out camping. I've had many backyard hangs in it, but this was the first time on a trip. I was able to get out beyond the usual spots outside of Oakridge and found a spot I'd come across on a fishing trip a few years back. The creek was high and fast, the fishing quite slow but the hang was long and wonderful! The only downside...I forgot my CRL hanging between the trees. Grey Zing-it, a Dutch hook and Wasp were left strung up. Nearly invisible and the last thing to be taken down and stowed, I just forgot it!!!! I doubt it will still be there the next time I'm in the area. Hopefully someone finds it that knows what it is and appreciates the simplicity and versitility. I already have a replacement made up...this time with yellow Zing-it.

Hang on,
    Jay

salmoncreek1.jpg

salmoncreek2.jpg
    Awesome fishing trip... You must try leather fishing hammock for this trip... I think...

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ budget
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    straps, mule tape
    I'm heading back this weekend. What are the odds my CRL is still there? I tried keeping the ridgeline attached but just found it more klunky for me.

Hang yer own hang!!!! and listen to Shug!

Jay

• + New Posts