Tarp
    UGQ budget
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    straps, mule tape

First HG product ordered!!

Hello All,
    I just ordered a 20F Incubator for my wife, my first HG purchase. I've been very happy with my UGQ TQ and UQ but I've had trouble convincing my wife to switch from a sleeping pad to an UQ. I've heard so many wonderful things about the Incubator, I decided to jump right in. A sewn footbox TQ will be next...in a bit.

Any tips/tricks that are unique to the HG UQ I should know about?

Let the waiting begin!!!

Jay

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    I dunno if the UGQ Zeppelin has the adjustable draft collar like the Incubator. Don't tighten the draft collars too much, otherwise when its loaded it'll form a gap.

So, your wife never tried out your UGQ setup? I don't understand the convincing issue...once you don't have to wrestle your way back into a sleeping bag, there's no going back.

What kinda hammock she use? I didn't have to fiddle too much with attaching and adjusting it to my DW hammocks. My WB was a bit different, because your body position is higher up on the head end than in other hammocks.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Just really take the time to set up the Incubator correctly and your back and buttocks will be happy. Watch for gaps.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Chameleon or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    UGQ budget
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    straps, mule tape
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTurtle View Post
    I dunno if the UGQ Zeppelin has the adjustable draft collar like the Incubator. Don't tighten the draft collars too much, otherwise when its loaded it'll form a gap.

So, your wife never tried out your UGQ setup? I don't understand the convincing issue...once you don't have to wrestle your way back into a sleeping bag, there's no going back.

What kinda hammock she use? I didn't have to fiddle too much with attaching and adjusting it to my DW hammocks. My WB was a bit different, because your body position is higher up on the head end than in other hammocks.
    Until recently, she used a Dutch netless, as we both have for a while. I talked her into a Chameleon a few months ago and she's used it a few times. She's tried my setup for a short time and thought it was nice but she just doesn't want to spend the money. She states using a sleeping pad is 'good enough' so I just ordered one for her as a surprise. Happy wife, happy life!!!

Jay

Hammock
    Chameleon or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    UGQ budget
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    straps, mule tape
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Just really take the time to set up the Incubator correctly and your back and buttocks will be happy. Watch for gaps.
    Shug

Thanks Shug!!! Like many of us here, I've picked up so much from your videos over the years. Minding the gap is always involved in the setup. BTW, she absolutely LOVES the sweater I got her from your daughter's Etsy site. Please let her know her work is greatly appreciated!

Enjoy the hang,
    Jay

• + New Posts