Lesovik Draka
    Tarp
    Lesovik Heksa
    Insulation
    Cumulus Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Question Looking for some great photos to promote hammock camping in NL

I recently have started to promote hammock camping in the Netherlands. I do not have any commercial goal, but simply want more people to discover the great experience of camping with a hammock.For my online channels (currently Facebook, Instagram and there may follow a website) I’m looking for photos to use. Do you perhaps have some photos that you would be willing to send me that I can use on my channels? I’m happy to mention your name and/or website of course. If you have any, I would appreciate it if you could mail them to [email protected] are the channels:http://instagram.com/hangmat.kampere...angmatkamperen

Hammock
    Mackinac Bridge
    Tarp
    DCF
    Insulation
    Grey Goose Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    If you scroll thru the Trip Reports section here you'll find plenty of the type of photos that you seek. They've already been shared publicly so no private/public domain issues. Plus I'd guess you'd find that close to 100% of the folks that are sharing those photos are doing so at least partially to promote hammock camping.

Good luck.
    "Behold, as a wild a** of the desert, go I forth to my work." -- Guerney Halleck

Hammock
    MYOG Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps & Turtles
    Images
    This may not apply to a country specifically, but since you mention Instagram I'll share what I've noticed. If I look for hashtags with particular models of gear I turn up better quality pictures. At least, it seems to me they're better quality. Now, granted, a fair amount might be actual marketing photos and you can't use them, but the vast majority are personal pictures. And it is appropriate to re-share those photos on Instagram provided you give a credit back to the creator, and if they ask to take it down you comply. This isn't illegal.

To grow an account, use a hashtag cloud of relevant tags but you don't have to go overboard; maybe 8-10 tags is enough to turn up in the biggest searches. Don't be afraid to include some smaller-trafficked tags since the competition is lower and with a lower signal/noise ratio you're more likely to be noticed when people search for those tags. In your case, look for Netherlands-specific or Dutch language tags so you turn up closer to home.

To grow an account, find related pictures on other accounts, see who's liking those pictures and follow those accounts. This will pop you up on their notifications, and if you have enough related or similar posts they will either follow you or at least scroll through and spend more time on your account. Obviously you want followers, but even if they just scroll through and spend time on your account, that's still an input signal in the Instagram algorithm and helps your account turn up more in the explore page or in recommended posts.

Hope at least some of this can help!

*I know you're asking for general advice on this, but I've done this as an income stream for a couple years now...if I'm out of line just tell me to shut up.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Any of the photos from infrastellar look downright magical. You can just search the forum for "Slovakia" and you should get all his posts. Personally I would reach out before sharing anyone else's photos on social media. Could be a shock to one day come across someone else posting your photos.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Z
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Tigris el Cheapo
    Suspension
    Straps
    So, in general, if you take a picture you become the copyright owner. If you post your copywritten image online I am pretty sure you still own it. Note, I am not a lawyer. But I do have Google. I'd err on the side of caution. Do your due diligence, if you receive permission to use the work then you're golden.

One website discussing the issue is: https://sarafhawkins.com/copyright-o...oto-etiquette/

Good luck over there! You have a beautiful and friendly country.
    "If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." - L Wittgenstein

Hammock
    Lesovik Draka
    Tarp
    Lesovik Heksa
    Insulation
    Cumulus Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyJew View Post
    So, in general, if you take a picture you become the copyright owner. If you post your copywritten image online I am pretty sure you still own it. Note, I am not a lawyer. But I do have Google. I'd err on the side of caution. Do your due diligence, if you receive permission to use the work then you're golden.

One website discussing the issue is: https://sarafhawkins.com/copyright-o...oto-etiquette/

Good luck over there! You have a beautiful and friendly country.
    Exactly the reason why I'm asking for pictures instead of just finding them. Thanks!

Hammock
    Lesovik Draka
    Tarp
    Lesovik Heksa
    Insulation
    Cumulus Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    An image already being shared does not imply that it's free to use, so I'd rather get explicit permission. But thanks for point that section out, it's also fun to look at anyway.

Hammock
    Lesovik Draka
    Tarp
    Lesovik Heksa
    Insulation
    Cumulus Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by packman9000 View Post
    This may not apply to a country specifically, but since you mention Instagram I'll share what I've noticed. If I look for hashtags with particular models of gear I turn up better quality pictures. At least, it seems to me they're better quality. Now, granted, a fair amount might be actual marketing photos and you can't use them, but the vast majority are personal pictures. And it is appropriate to re-share those photos on Instagram provided you give a credit back to the creator, and if they ask to take it down you comply. This isn't illegal.

To grow an account, use a hashtag cloud of relevant tags but you don't have to go overboard; maybe 8-10 tags is enough to turn up in the biggest searches. Don't be afraid to include some smaller-trafficked tags since the competition is lower and with a lower signal/noise ratio you're more likely to be noticed when people search for those tags. In your case, look for Netherlands-specific or Dutch language tags so you turn up closer to home.

To grow an account, find related pictures on other accounts, see who's liking those pictures and follow those accounts. This will pop you up on their notifications, and if you have enough related or similar posts they will either follow you or at least scroll through and spend more time on your account. Obviously you want followers, but even if they just scroll through and spend time on your account, that's still an input signal in the Instagram algorithm and helps your account turn up more in the explore page or in recommended posts.

Hope at least some of this can help!

*I know you're asking for general advice on this, but I've done this as an income stream for a couple years now...if I'm out of line just tell me to shut up.
    Please, do NOT shut up. These are valuable pieces of advice, thank you!

Kingdom of the Netherlands, Noord-Brabant
    Hammock
    DD Hammocks Superlight range
    Tarp
    DD Superlight
    Insulation
    underblanket
    Suspension
    whoopie slings?
    i think i have one or two pictures, made in your province actually :-)
    should be on my profile i guess

Kingdom of the Netherlands, Noord-Brabant
    Hammock
    DD Hammocks Superlight range
    Tarp
    DD Superlight
    Insulation
    underblanket
    Suspension
    whoopie slings?
    I think I will use my hammock next weekend, providing it isnt freezing. Scouts have regional scout championships so I have a 2-night weekend as staff ahead of me. I'll try to remember to take some pictures.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast