Hammock
    Superior Gear - Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Superior Shelter
    Insulation
    HG under quilt
    Suspension
    Superior Buckles
    I cannot find Hoosier National Forest Terrill Pond area on any mapping apps. Would you give this non-Hoosier better directions?

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    From Madison I think I'd run I-65 South all the way to Columbus, IN then West on SR46 to SR446 on the edge of Bloomington. Then SR446 South across the Causeway over Monroe Lake. Turn Left on Tower Ridge Road follow about 7.8 miles to the Fire Tower turning left again into the parking lot. This is your trailhead.

Walk around the closed gate and stay on the brown crushed stone fire trail(road)all the way to Terrill Pond. About a 2-mile hike in from the parking lot.

Google maps might send you down SR39 to the new I-69/SR37 route which has been ugly under construction for a while now. Choose that one at your own risk. Interstate construction also on the northside of Indianapolis, so add a little time for that as well.

https://tinyurl.com/584wkakt

That is a link from the Fire Tower to Terrill Cemetery. Most will be camped just North of there around the pond.
    Last edited by Rolloff; 04-15-2022 at 16:57.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Planning to be there with my wife on Friday evening. We'll be leaving Saturday. I'll have a few items to put in the raffle. Any idea when that will be?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    From Madison I think I'd run I-65 South all the way to Columbus, IN then West on SR46 to SR446 on the edge of Bloomington. Then SR446 South across the Causeway over Monroe Lake. Turn Left on Tower Ridge Road follow about 7.8 miles to the Fire Tower turning left again into the parking lot. This is your trailhead.

Walk around the closed gate and stay on the brown crushed stone fire trail(road)all the way to Terrill Pond. About a 2-mile hike in from the parking lot.

Google maps might send you down SR39 to the new I-69/SR37 route which has been ugly under construction for a while now. Choose that one at your own risk. Interstate construction also on the northside of Indianapolis, so add a little time for that as well.

https://tinyurl.com/584wkakt

That is a link from the Fire Tower to Terrill Cemetery. Most will be camped just North of there around the pond.
    The only thing I would add would be that when you get to the 90- degree turn to the west in the cemetery trail/ road, look for a trail heading NNE starting at the corner. You can see the cemetery from there. If you get to the cemetery, you have passed the trail. Once on the trail, it isn't far - can't miss the pond on your left.

Last edited by bonsaihiker; 04-18-2022 at 07:33.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    The only thing I would add would be that when you get to the 90- degree turn to the west in the cemetery trail/ road, look for a trail heading NE starting at the corner. You can see the cemetery from there. If you get to the cemetery, you have passed the trail. Once on the trail, it isn't far - can't miss the pond on your left.

Thanks bonsaihiker. It's only been 40 years or so since I've actually been to the pond. That was my first backpacking trip in the HNF many moons ago.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Here's a OSM topo of the route from the parking to the pond. Most is a road walk (closed gravel road) but you can see the trail heading NNE from the 90- degree turn at the top of the image.

--Scott <><

Hammock
    WBRR &amp; Banyan
    Tarp
    Bonded Xenon Wide
    Insulation
    UGQ &amp; Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    Planning to be there with my wife on Friday evening. We'll be leaving Saturday. I'll have a few items to put in the raffle. Any idea when that will be?

Looks like from the sign up sheet that most folks plan to be there by Fri night so don't see why not have it then.

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    I'm not going to be able to make it. See you all next time.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Well, Friday isn't usually the best day because folks (like my wife and i) will trickle in until late Friday after working all day and then driving for several hours, or just wait until Saturday morning to arrive. Raffles are usually on Saturday at most hangs for that reason.

Question is what time Saturday so I can plan a day hike, when to bring in the items, and when to leave. My best guess would be late afternoon just before dinner as that's when it has been at previous Hoosier Hangs, but I'm looking for confirmation.

If you all want to have it on Friday, that's OK with me. If we miss it, then I won't have to carry any extra stuff in/out!

--Scott <><

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    10×10 DD hammocks
    Insulation
    Diy down top
    Suspension
    Webbing w/rings
    I won't be able to make it to this hang, we're having some important birthday celebrations this weekend. I spent last weekend in Deam though and the water is flowing nicely in all the creeks, and I thought the water from terrill pond was good too! You guys have fun

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Fake it 'til you make it!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast