Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    I believe the Argon charcoal grey from DW should be pretty close to RSBTR. I have Dark Olive gear made from both fabrics, and there is a little bit of a difference (the Argon is slightly darker, has a more green tint, whereas the RSBTR has more olive and is a little lighter), it's not so great that the two clash. You wouldn't really notice the difference with a general glance.

Not sure if this applies to their Charcoal Grey's, but that's my experience at least.
    Thanks! I did end up deciding to wait and order swatches. It's not like it's an emergency, and if I'm going to spend $50, better to get the color I want.

I got the Argon sample pack, and I thought people might be interested in the color comparisons. The RSBTR Hexon charcoal gray is actually midway between the Dutchware Argon charcoal gray and titanium gray, but maybe closer to the titanium gray. Both are nice colors, but the Argon charcoal gray might be a little darker than what I'm looking for (it does look amazing laid up against my dark purple Blackbird XLC though). I do really like the Dutchalicious Pink though. The picture on the website makes it look like a dusty rose, but it's actually more vibrant than that.

In the RSBTR comparison picture (the first picture), the Argon charcoal gray is on the left, while the titanium gray is on the right, with the RSBTR charcoal gray in the middle. For the picture comparing the Argon charcoal, titanium, and pink, you'll see that the right half of each swatch is on a white background, while the left half is on a black background. The final picture is of the two Argon gray fabrics held up against the sunlight.
    IMG_9604.jpgIMG_E9612.JPGIMG_9606.jpg
    Last edited by bansheekitty; 03-11-2022 at 17:15.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 2.0,WBRR,ElDorado
    Tarp
    12' Silpoly DIY
    Insulation
    HG TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Outdoor Ink Straps
    Images
    That pink is much nicer in your pic than on the Dutchware Gear website.

Thanks for sharing.

Enjoy picking out your color.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Do you sleep better under one shade of gray or another? I would not want to be a hammock vendor these days I guess I am just not woke enough.
    Some people are just more stylin' than we old geezers.

Looks like a DIY project and I really do envy people who can whip up great gear made to their liking at home.

Personally, on some winter excursions where I must spend more time than I'd like under a tarp or in a tent, it seems that a warm yellowish-orange color puts me in a better mood than grey or blue. But for me function and weight trump color so I'll gladly accept whatever shade of .51 DCF I can get!
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 2.0,WBRR,ElDorado
    Tarp
    12' Silpoly DIY
    Insulation
    HG TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Outdoor Ink Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Do you sleep better under one shade of gray or another? I would not want to be a hammock vendor these days I guess I am just not woke enough.
    As someone who has sewn since forever, fabrics and color are a part of my DNA. Coordinating colors has nothing to do with being woke. Having built six tarps (plus two in production in my great room) and multiple quilts, you can bet my kit and my friends’ are color coordinated.

Thank goodness for Dutchware and RSBTR filling a “need” for different colors and printed fabric. Seems like the capitalist thing to do.

HYOH
    Nancy

You know, it's funny, but when I didn't have a choice about hammock color aside from selecting fabric weight, I was totally fine with that. Love my Ridgerunner, Lynx underquilt, and Superfly - the first quality hammocking gear I ever purchased. Definitely not colors I would have chosen, but they still rank among my favorite gear. Heck, I just used my Superfly last week, and it's going out with me again tomorrow.

But... now everything is so customizable. So much to think about. Especially for the new 11 foot Dream Hammock Sparrow I'm planning to buy (I want that extra foot so I can use my excellent Wooki underquilts). So many customizable options on that - I've spent ages just pondering different top cover vent options. Good thing that hammocking lends itself to an obsessive mind! It's so fun to be able to design something in such detail. I'm still perfectly happy purchasing products with no or few color options, but when I CAN choose colors, I enjoy really taking the time to think about it. After all, why not take the time to choose the color which will make me the happiest? The one that will make me smile whenever I see it. I still LOVE the color combos I chose for my old 10 foot Sparrow, but I want to mix things up this time, and not just with colors - I'm making a lot of other changes now that I have more experience. Hopefully I will be using this gear for a long time to come!
    Last edited by bansheekitty; 03-12-2022 at 15:59.

Quote Originally Posted by carmen2kayak View Post
    That pink is much nicer in your pic than on the Dutchware Gear website.

Thanks for sharing.

Enjoy picking out your color.
    Thank you! And yes, I agree. The picture on the site does not do it justice. It's a beautiful shade of pink.

Hammock
    1.0 HyperD DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware DCF
    Insulation
    DIY down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Thanks for the pics of RBTR’s charcoal gray... I didn’t mind seeing the down through the titanium gray, but I screwed that quilt up (it’s on the future projects shelf). I ended up going with the Argon charcoal gray (remnants), which I have as the inner for two different quilts. Even though outside of one is black, and the other is forest green, the charcoal gray is dark enough that I’ve gotten my quilts turned inside out at night on more than one occasion. I might look at the midway gray next time, or go back to the titanium.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12