Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 11’
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Hello from Georgia

Joined HF back in the fall but just posted today. I went on my first hang in June of 2013. A good friend got me to go along on a section of the AT with him. Got me really into hiking and hammock camping. Bought the same Hennessy asym classic that I use today. Eventually changed out the suspension, added the side zipper mod, and got the symmetrical tarp. Looking to get a longer hammock in the future. Really enjoy reading and learning from the posts on here. Be good to chat with others near southeast Georgia!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    BWD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20 deg
    Suspension
    Daisy Chain
    Greetings ThunderStruck!

Welcome to the forum. Not currently from SE GA but lived in GA for several years. There are several members from the south so I am sure you will have opportunities to meet and greet fellow hammockers this season.

Best to you!
    There is a skinny healthy guy inside me screaming to get out, but I can usually shut him up with a dozen Boston Creams from Dunkin Donuts.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    ThunderStruck, hi from Denton NC near the Uwharries. You got some good places to hang in Georgia, good people, good barbecue.

The difference between Carolina BBQ and Georgia BBQ, is here in North Carolina, we serve ours with tea.

My first taste of Georgia BBQ was at a BBQ restaurant in Georgia. We sat down and waitress took our order for BBQ, tea, and hush puppies.

I was shocked to see our waitress carrying huge steins of beer to neighboring tables. The men at other tables were enjoying giant chilled mugs of beer. In middle of day…

I’m not particularly religious, (Phantom is spiritual) but back in the day, North Carolina was…hence no beer at BBQ restaurants…back in the day.

The BBQ was good.
    And you have some great hammock hangers and Forum members down your way

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 11’
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    ThunderStruck, hi from Denton NC near the Uwharries. You got some good places to hang in Georgia, good people, good barbecue.

The difference between Carolina BBQ and Georgia BBQ, is here in North Carolina, we serve ours with tea.

My first taste of Georgia BBQ was at a BBQ restaurant in Georgia. We sat down and waitress took our order for BBQ, tea, and hush puppies.

I was shocked to see our waitress carrying huge steins of beer to neighboring tables. The men at other tables were enjoying giant chilled mugs of beer. In middle of day…

I’m not particularly religious, (Phantom is spiritual) but back in the day, North Carolina was…hence no beer at BBQ restaurants…back in the day.

The BBQ was good.
    And you have some great hammock hangers and Forum members down your way
    My wife is from NC so I’m familiar with the different styles across the two states. She turned me on to the red slaw from NC. Love the different varieties of sauce. I enjoy smoking butts myself! Most bbq places around here are dry, you found a rare one to serve beer in the mid day. Although a nice light beer pairs great with a bbq plate!

I’m planning to be in Springfield in a couple of weeks, perhaps we can meet and tell tales.
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 11’
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    I’m planning to be in Springfield in a couple of weeks, perhaps we can meet and tell tales.
    I sent you a PM.

Greetings from further south and east-Midway.
    Not much hanging the last couple of years, but maybe this year. I plan to spend much of the summer in southeast Tennessee, with more opportunities for comfortable hangs. Georgia coast is HOT in the summer. Maybe meet, drink a coffee and talk about hanging sometime, but weatherman said not this week.

• + New Posts