Blackbird
    Tarp
    11' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Beckett and EVOs

Pretty stoked while waiting for my new XLC

I ordered a new XLC yesterday afternoon, and got shipping info this morning - should be here Monday according to UPS! Awesome!

When I first upgraded from ENO style hammocks, my first big-boy hammock was an original Blackbird and I spent a fair number of nights in it. As my oldest son got more into hammock camping, he wanted to upgrade from his ENO, plus he wanted an integrated bugnet. He really liked mine, and pretty much took it over from me. The Chameleon was still pretty new at the time and had lots of good reviews, so I ordered one of those as a replacement. I do have to admit, it felt more comfortable than my original Blackbird and less prone to calf ridge.
    It's been a few years now, and I've been itching to try out the XLC, so I pulled the trigger on one yesterday. I was very surprised at the quick turnaround to ship!
    I'm hoping that the additional length (and probably more because of my acquired experience now) will make this my new go-to hammock.
    With any luck, I'll hand the Chameleon down to my youngest son to replace his Amazon hammock

Any tips and tricks anyone wishes to pass along? I've already got some of the soft zipper pulls to put on it. Plus a small carabiner for the ridgeline to shorten it when sitting (thanks Shug!).
    I saw reference to using the stuff-sack as a ridgeline organizer - does anyone have any pics or can tell me about this? Are we talking about just leaving it on the suspension and stuffing things into it?

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    I have an Eldorado (same body as the XLC, bugnet doesn't have the shelf). It came with a single ended stuff sack that can clip onto the ridgeline. Works just fine, so long as you don't have too much stuff, otherwise you'll be digging around in it. I'm not sure if the BB XLC comes with a single or double ended stuff sack.

Make sure you hang the foot end higher than your Chameleon. Easiest way is to keep the foot end closer to the tree so you don't have to go crazy high up to get a decent hang angle. Stake out the bugnet on the entry side will really open up the netting and keep it way off your face.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Eldorado looky-see. You can see the stuff sack on there.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    I found this from my buddy's Eldorado. I know he had a battery pack and a bottle of water in there.

Screenshot 2022-03-03 183613.jpg

Take a look at it on WB site: https://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/pr...line-stuffsac/

Warbonnet-Eldorado-Stuffsack1-510x340.jpg

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    11' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Beckett and EVOs
    Interesting - thanks guys! Man, if this had a couple pockets on the outside for phone and battery it would replace my organizer. Hmm. Might have to dig out the old ripstop and make something now. Or maybe I can use this instead of the gear shelf - I usually put things I take off in there (sweatshirt, hat).

I'm inching closer to pulling the trigger on the xlc as well.....

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    11' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Beckett and EVOs
    As an update for you guys - mine came with a regular double-ended stuff sack. Not the one which can be hung as an organizer.
    I'm okay with it, so don't take that as a complaint. I'm guessing those only came with the Eldorado to make up for the lack of the shelf?

Quote Originally Posted by tom-o View Post
    I'm inching closer to pulling the trigger on the xlc as well.....
    I've only laid in mine for about 15 mins so far - if you lay in it according to the instructions, it's very comfortable. You just have to lay with with your head a LOT further up in the hammock than you are probably used to. The instructions say that your eyes should be even with the bugnet tie-out closest to the end, and the bugnet tie-out closest to the middle of the hammock should be around your chest. This feels like I'm putting my head up in the peak of the gathered end (which it's not - it just feels that way), but it is very comfortable once you do this. I really like it so far, but let me get a few nights in it to see how it holds up after the honeymoon phase

Hammock
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by jakev383 View Post
    As an update for you guys - mine came with a regular double-ended stuff sack. Not the one which can be hung as an organizer.
    I'm okay with it, so don't take that as a complaint. I'm guessing those only came with the Eldorado to make up for the lack of the shelf?
    Yeah, my Eldorado has the single ended stuff sack. Makes sense, you got all storage with the shelf.

• + New Posts