Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    JRB + EETQ
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch
    Great video and really impressive how you push the boundaries of what's possible in a hammock. Have you ever tried a hot tarp in these conditions?

If you and Hickery are looking for an *early* spring adventure I may humbly suggest The Bartram Trail across the GA/NC line. It connects up with the Foothills Trail on the Chattooga and wanders all the way up to the AT.
    -- Josh

"Courage, mon ami! Le Diable est mort!"

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
    Outstanding video what a cold night!!! Thanks for the report!!!
    Cold outside but warm in all my hammock gear. Love that!

Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    I forgot to mention, it was super special getting video of that gray jay eating from your hand.

In the Adirondacks a gray jay will occasionally follow you around all day and eat from your hand, as will chickadees. Hard to believe those tiny birds can survive in such a harsh environment!
    I've fed them a lot over the years but first time getting one on film. Very special.

Quote Originally Posted by jb_outdoors View Post
    Great video and really impressive how you push the boundaries of what's possible in a hammock. Have you ever tried a hot tarp in these conditions?

If you and Hickery are looking for an *early* spring adventure I may humbly suggest The Bartram Trail across the GA/NC line. It connects up with the Foothills Trail on the Chattooga and wanders all the way up to the AT.
    I have not done a hot hammock tent. Seems a lot of work to me at this point. I like just using all my down to stay warm sleeping. Maybe I will try one someday but don't want to get out of the hammock to stoke the stove.
    Heard of that trail Hoping Hickery and I can get a Spring trip in. This last 2 years has blown out meet-up.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Thank you, Shug, for documenting another beautiful trip. There were some stunning views out over the lake. Winter camping has become my favorite, for many of the same reasons others have mentioned; no bugs, no people, no dirt/mud, etc. Peaceful.

Hey Shug,

Thanks for the video.

Who makes those wool pants of yours? Im in the market for a new pair. My 30 plus year old standbys dont fit me anymore due to me getting fatter over the years. I can just barely suck it in to get the fly buttoned.

Thank you in advance.

Bob

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    Thank you, Shug, for documenting another beautiful trip. There were some stunning views out over the lake. Winter camping has become my favorite, for many of the same reasons others have mentioned; no bugs, no people, no dirt/mud, etc. Peaceful.
    I really just tolerate winter camping...haaa...as I live in a cold state and it is either embrace it or wait 6 months to camp!!

Quote Originally Posted by Draketake View Post
    Hey Shug,

Thanks for the video.

Who makes those wool pants of yours? Im in the market for a new pair. My 30 plus year old standbys dont fit me anymore due to me getting fatter over the years. I can just barely suck it in to get the fly buttoned.

Thank you in advance.

Bob
    See them 5:35 into video below. Think the brand is WFS Element Gear. Cheap but work.

Thanks for the quick reply Shug.

Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    WEB
    Images
    Your thoughts on your Superiorgear integrated hammock as opposed to your Superiorgear snap on under quilt hammock. Do you have a favorite or does it depend more on the weather conditions?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Carver View Post
    Your thoughts on your Superiorgear integrated hammock as opposed to your Superiorgear snap on under quilt hammock. Do you have a favorite or does it depend more on the weather conditions?
    The integrated is a 15º built in UQ so I add the 30º over that. That was the choice for these conditions.
    But the both designs work well just would get more down under me in this combo.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    JRB + EETQ
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Draketake View Post
    I've had pretty good luck trolling thrift stores for old wool suit pants. I'm sure the new stuff is probably more comfortable but in a pinch those recycled wool pants are plenty warm and you don't feel so bad if you get 'em dirty
    -- Josh

"Courage, mon ami! Le Diable est mort!"

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123