Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Brother BillyBob58 - it’s like someone asking you to give away or sell a pet, isn’t it. Those tarps and hammocks have sheltered you from the elements and given you a secure and comfortable night’s sleep after a hard day. When I open the gear box with the intent of “thinning the herd”, I can all most hear little voices crying from the stuff sacks, “Not me, not me”. It’s not ridiculous; it’s loyalty.

Fortunately, one stuff sack looks pretty much like another. And they compress really well.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    Brother BillyBob58 - it’s like someone asking you to give away or sell a pet, isn’t it. Those tarps and hammocks have sheltered you from the elements and given you a secure and comfortable night’s sleep after a hard day. When I open the gear box with the intent of “thinning the herd”, I can all most hear little voices crying from the stuff sacks, “Not me, not me”. It’s not ridiculous; it’s loyalty.

Fortunately, one stuff sack looks pretty much like another. And they compress really well.

YEP!...................

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    If my gear closet could talk... it would long for items moved along, and yearn for more to try. Yes, it is a problem...
    Hammock Tourist / Hammock Fiend / Hammock Therapist

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have accumulated.
    And I like it!!!!
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Be warned ... the accumulation addiction worsens once you succumb to the DIY dark side. I have 9 hammocks. That's right ... NINE!!! And I made five of them myself as I've pursued the holy grail of the perfect material/length/width combination. I also have a DIY tensahedron stand to hang them from (one at a time of course) that I can't personally use because it's only weight-rated for a normal-sized person and my XXXL rear end is too heavy for it (don't ask me how I know this). But I finally found Nirvana in my latest hammock creation and it's about as perfect as I think I'm going to get, so why do I still have all the others? I suppose I've just been so focused on pursuing my next DIY fix that I haven't made time to post anything for sale.

Accumulation addiction really knows no bounds when it comes to DIY. I have DIY tarps (in DIY tarp sleeves/snakeskins), DIY suspensions (both webbing and spliced), and DIY quilts (stored in DIY cotton storage bags) to go along with my already extensive store-bought/vendor-provided collection that I accumulated before the DIY bug hit me. I have DIY ridgeline organizers, DIY peak shelves, and DIY water bottle holders. I have a DIY "Popcorn" flag that I fly from my ridgeline at hammock hangs. (Really! Honest! It's gotten that bad!!) I have enough DIY stuff sacks and bishop bags to individually pack all the body parts from every Saw movie ever made.

And what is the critical tool for DIY projects? The thread injector!! I have four! Why?? Who the hell knows?!! They just magically appeared like the hair in my ears.

What's worse is that I know that I don't even rank among the most addicted accumulators on this forum. There are others who make me look like a recreational user. So I fear that I still have much deeper to fall into this dark obsession before my friends and family pull me into an intervention session.
    Last edited by PopcornFool; 03-16-2022 at 00:52.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Images
    "So I fear that I still have much deeper to fall into this dark obsession before my friends and family pull me into an intervention session."
    HA!

Hammock
    Onewind Double (11 ft)
    Tarp
    Ridge Outdoors
    Insulation
    UQ, Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    buckles/Onewind
    I watched the video and enjoyed it. What Led Zeppelin song is that? I recognize it, but I can't remember the name.

My other question is how many years have you been backpacking to accumulate all of that gear?

Liz

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PopcornFool View Post
    I have 9 hammocks. That's right ... NINE!!! So I fear that I still have much deeper to fall into this dark obsession before my friends and family pull me into an intervention session.
    What's the magic number of hammocks that family members need to see before an intervention is suggested? Lemme think, I have: two Eno doublenests, REI Flash Air, Dutchware Chameleon, Dutchware wide netless, Dutchware Cloud .71, Warbonnet Ridgerunner, Amok Draumr, and DIY netless. So I'm at that 9 number too. Maybe at 10 my wife will cancel my credit cards. Let's test that hypothesis...
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    > Be warned ... the accumulation addiction worsens once you succumb to the DIY dark side. I have 9 hammocks. That's right ... NINE!!!

Nine? Only nine. What a newbie.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundownalpacas View Post
    I watched the video and enjoyed it. What Led Zeppelin song is that? I recognize it, but I can't remember the name.

My other question is how many years have you been backpacking to accumulate all of that gear?

Liz
    That is "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas.

Been backpacking since I was a boy scout but when one does You Tube videos, one often gets sent gear to test and film. And keep.
    Some I buy and some I get.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast