Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    It gets worse once you figure out life is short and trails are long and learn to accept the buy once cry once mantra.

Thanks to HF and lots of other sources that helped my buy right, I can't part with any of my purchases of the last few years. Probably the most recent is my venture into iso. I didn't even need to go there. Now I own both, one of the cheapest the BRS3000, and of course bought a PR2 as well, which I have never even lit up to see if it works. I bought Ti-cookware to compensate for the extra Iso weight penalty, then decided my alcohol kit fit the Iso better. Now I have an even lighter Ti-kit for my SuperCat, which was already UL

I can't get rid of any of this stuff.

On the other hand, most of its going to outlive me. I should probably be putting a bit of effort into who I'm going to be leaving it to
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch and HG
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Well I go on to the different quilt vendors and pick out different variations of quilts, compare apples to apples and costs Eventually I will always hit the pay now button…. But I do try to fight the purchase for at least a little while.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Definitely a gear junkie, but living in a 6.5'×11' space restricts my intake.
    Another thing that has helped me is that I don't store gear. My 4 (well 3.5 as one is really an urban day pack) packs have my clothes in them. Of my 3 UQs 2 are being used right now. Only the summer 3/4 is waiting and I'll switch that w/ the 20° that I'm using now in a couple months.
    A lot of my kayak gear stays in the kayak, same w/ my bikepacking gear. It just lives on the bike otherwise I'd have to find some place to put it and it would take space that could be used by something else.
    So, open water kayaking, bikepacking, backpacking, all take loads of gear to do safely and enjoyably . . . how can I not be a gear junkie.

Someone asked me once if my acquisition of gear was going to stop, I had to tell them that the reason I make money is to get better gear than I have now.
    My spacial constraints do encourage me to sell, or gift, anything that I'm not using. In the last year I've bought four kayaks trying to find the right two. Now that we've settled on a couple (at least for now) two had to go as we can only travel w/ two.
    So I did a total overhaul of the two I was selling and one was sold before I finished, the second one looks to be getting sold to a friend that got tired of their 9' sit-on-top.

We also picked up a used Clark Vertex which means we don't need to have a tent for those kayaking trips that might not have good hang locations, even w/ my Tensa Solo.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Although I've been accumulating backpacking and camping gear for the better part of 25 years, it's just recently that the hammock bug bit me. I have way more hammocks than any other gear category, except maybe stoves. I seriously think I have a problem. I literally have a spot that I stuff random leftover change in until I have enough for another hammock.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I'm surprised that the abbreviation G.A.S. hasn't been used on this string. Gear Acquisition Syndrome. I'm afflicted with it, so I know.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch and HG
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Well as I said previously I look, compare and always eventually hit the pay button. Well hit it yesterday on a HG Incubator 0 degree. I’m not sure when I will use it but when I decide to I’ll be ready lol. I have a set of 20’s and a set of 40’s. So now I have to fight the battle of not getting a 0 degree top quilt as I can layer my other ones… course could do that with my other underquilts too. Lol

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lorazepam View Post
    This is what I am doing. A couple of apex UQ for 3 season use, and once the sewing skills get better, a 0-20* down UQ for winter.
    I plan on begging Shug for a pic of his fleece face mask so I can attempt to copy it. Booties, hoods, and mid weight gear are on the list. Maybe try an UL pack kit.
    No begging required.....
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    I'm definitely having to resist the urge. It's strange, I play nearly 100 rounds of golf a year and yet use the same set of used clubs I've had for a few years. If I'm not playing well, that's my fault, not the club's. Yet, for camping I'm constantly tempted to buy a piece of gear for every niche. Right now, I have a perfectly acceptable and reasonably lightweight setup that covers every situation I will reasonably backpack in; however, there's this itch to reduce weight make the hike portion more enjoyable. After all, if my hammock/quilts/tarp are all built for my worst case scenario, of course I can cut weight by getting a setup that will be good 50-60% of the time.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB minifly
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    buckles
    I'm fortunate to have a local gear store that has a huge consignment operation. When I accumulate too much, I can bring it to them, sell it pretty quickly at a fair price, and get credit to... buy... more... stuff... wait a minute

Images
    Definitely have GAS, accumulating gear even before I became a hanger in 2006. I am always planning on selling some of it, which would so delight my wife. Especially if I sold it before I ever got any more. But so little of it has been sold. I still have some of my gear from the very beginning, like the HHSS and HH and JRB tarps, for ex. I finally, just before winter started, got rid of my original JRB BMBH bridge. Sold to a member here at his request. It had originally been one of my fav winter hammocks, and even though I had not used it for years, I found myself hesitating, wondering if I would regret not having it. I get ridiculous sometimes.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast