WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Big guy bridge hammock indoor hanging?

Questions for any one out there using a Big guy bridge hammock as an indoor hammock. 1. What did you use for a hammock stand? 2. Who holds the record for most nights spent in a Bgbh? ( I realize bridge hammocks dont last forever- what kind of life span is reasonable if the hammock is used every night?).
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    I’m sure bill will be around to answer this soon. I believe he’s a full time indoor hanger( as well as the builder). I use his bridges but am not qualified to answer that question.
    kris

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I'm sleeping in a Luxury (single layer version of the Big Guy) most nights indoor, but I don't use a stand. So far, I should have about 90 nights in my Hexon 2.4 Luxury and 90 nights in a 1.3 MTN XL Hybrid Townsend Bridge. I haven't noticed any wear so far. I cannot imagine that you will be able to wear through 2 layers of 1.7 MTN XL Hybrid any time soon.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Hi Steve...

Stands... The Tato is probably the most commonly used indoors that I can think of. But I'd say more folks use something else (basement columns, posts, anchors, etc.)
    I think the Tensa is a nicer stand, but harder to deal with indoors for a Big Guy since you need to split the stand.

For the record- I'd prefer to let customers answer- but I know many of the folks aren't as active here as they used to be.

Records...
    After the initial testing from 2017 I didn't stalk too many folks much past the 120 day goal. But enough of them kept going with things and got well past a year.
    I've had a good dozen folks now from 2019 and older swap them out or ask for a backup since it has become their full time bed- but no failures from them.

One tester shot a pole through the Big Guy- slept on it for 60 days as is, patched it with tenacious tape and as far as I know it's still going strong several years later. For sure it went well over a year.

Technically Mark from Florida was the original tester and would be the most eligible if there was a record to be had, but I haven't talked to him in a bit.
    I did get him a second bridge for his wife but not sure who ended up using what.

The SUL stuff tends to be the couple home sleepers that have popped up after a few years that got replaced... less so with the Big Guy.
    And I do tell folks who backpack with them to figure on about a thru-hike or a few good seasons of harder use before considering retirement... mainly because I don't think it's worth the risk of ruining a trip once you've got a $1 or so a night worth out of it.

Of the full time home sleepers... I would say most folks get a full two years or more... so I figure under .50 cents a night ain't bad.
    I could build 'bomber' but they would be too firm and defeat the point.

If there is going to be an issue- it tends to pop up earlier than later.
    I had some problems with a particular roll of fabric that I suspect was a milling error...in 2020 or so.
    A few years back I had a few I thought wore earlier than they should; but none of them actually failed... just got retired.
    I had tried subcontracting these to a few other hammock vendors but that didn't work out.

My failure rate is pretty low overall these days-All the bridges are sewn in house by me personally.
    On the Big Guy specifically- I've had two actually 'fail' One of them was the very first one sent to Mark, the other was a person borrowing one at a group hang- both were user error. In Mark's case- I had the exact same failure on a SUL FKT bridge happen nearly the same day... so I made an adjustment to prevent the user error and been good since then. The other one... Poop occurs... and it was really just a weird case of stuffing the pole in funny and things going south from there. Not to Blame the customer or toot my own horn; more a function of building so many Ultralight bridges first and getting the spectacular failures out of the way on those really. After building 10 ounce bridges... the Big Guy is actually not too difficult structurally for me to be honest.

About the only bad thing I'd say;
    Unfortunately all the money is in labor on these. So while I do give a discount for replacement bodies it's still relatively high.
    You're saving the cost of the poles themselves and a little on shipping (my cost of shipping) but really not much else. More or less it's about $50 or so off.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks Bill!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

• + New Posts