Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    23,165
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    I didn't know Hickery's mom was Russian :~0

    Shug, I just don't deal with the cold like I used to. Don't know how you do it... and you're older than me!
    It is deal or no camping at all! Long winters here.
    But I just took the garbage out and was cold. It is 3 right now...haaaa
    ShugArt Hammock Paintings....https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShugArtStu...platform-mcnav

    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

  2. #12
    Senior Member Hang Williams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    North Georgia
    Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    Posts
    268
    Did I understand right that you had a SG 30* comforter stacked on the 30* insulated hammock?

  3. #13
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    23,165
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Hang Williams View Post
    Did I understand right that you had a SG 30* comforter stacked on the 30* insulated hammock?
    That is correct. Comforter/UQ snapped outside the SG 30 hammock. Should be good to -10 but went well beyond.
    ShugArt Hammock Paintings....https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShugArtStu...platform-mcnav

    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

  4. #14
    Senior Member Hang Williams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    North Georgia
    Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    That is correct. Comforter/UQ snapped outside the SG 30 hammock. Should be good to -10 but went well beyond.
    I'm impressed.

  5. #15
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    23,165
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Hang Williams View Post
    I'm impressed.
    I was too but SG does not skimp on down and loft. That is why they are my Winter go-to of late.
    ShugArt Hammock Paintings....https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShugArtStu...platform-mcnav

    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

  6. #16
    sideshowraheem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    MN
    Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    296
    Great video! Got a big laugh out of the "im a woodsman" bit. Thanks for taking us along!

    Hope to get out next winter for some trips once my infant is toddler.

  7. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Hammock
    Onewind Double (11 ft)
    Tarp
    Ridge Outdoors
    Insulation
    UQ, Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    buckles/Onewind
    Posts
    42
    I love all of your videos. I am still a newbie to hanging. I also live in a very cold climate like you. -30F windchill forecasted for later today.
    I might try a cold night in my backyard. Cold meaning no less than 20F. LOL I am not as brave as you.
    Liz

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Yeti 20
    Suspension
    homemade whoopies
    Posts
    58
    Such an enjoyable video. Thank you for taking the time to put that together. I love where you talk about how busy you stay. This is something that sort of baffles my non-camping friends. They always ask what we do all day. I never know what to say exactly, but we always seem to be busy! I'm sure it's that much more work with short days and that brutal cold.

  9. #19
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    23,165
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowraheem View Post
    Great video! Got a big laugh out of the "im a woodsman" bit. Thanks for taking us along!

    Hope to get out next winter for some trips once my infant is toddler.
    You'll find that you will have plenty of time to get out. Just hard to want to leave 'em when they are young. Camping will wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundownalpacas View Post
    I love all of your videos. I am still a newbie to hanging. I also live in a very cold climate like you. -30F windchill forecasted for later today.
    I might try a cold night in my backyard. Cold meaning no less than 20F. LOL I am not as brave as you.
    Liz
    One needs to ease their way into colder and colder. Enjoy 20 for now~

    Quote Originally Posted by PatapscoMike View Post
    Such an enjoyable video. Thank you for taking the time to put that together. I love where you talk about how busy you stay. This is something that sort of baffles my non-camping friends. They always ask what we do all day. I never know what to say exactly, but we always seem to be busy! I'm sure it's that much more work with short days and that brutal cold.
    We sit for just a bit then...gotta get up and grab wood or snack or fill pot with snow or.....well, you know.
    True on the short days and late sunrise. Goes so speedily.
    ShugArt Hammock Paintings....https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShugArtStu...platform-mcnav

    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

  10. #20
    sideshowraheem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    MN
    Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    You'll find that you will have plenty of time to get out. Just hard to want to leave 'em when they are young. Camping will wait.
    Aint that the truth! At first I wasnt getting any sleep and was so exhausted that I couldnt even think about doing any hiking! Now shes sleeping through the night and each day she seems to learn something new and experiencing the world in a new way that I dont want to be away!
    Last edited by sideshowraheem; 02-03-2022 at 20:57.

  • + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. ViDEO: 3 Night Winter Backpacking in BWCA
      By Shug in forum Trip Reports
      Replies: 35
      Last Post: 01-17-2021, 08:10
    2. Replies: 32
      Last Post: 05-24-2019, 04:44
    3. Replies: 10
      Last Post: 10-10-2016, 16:50
    4. Replies: 57
      Last Post: 01-28-2015, 14:04
    5. Replies: 10
      Last Post: 01-20-2014, 23:21

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •