Experimental parabolic ended hammock

Hello everyone,
    Its my first time posting so go easy on me but I have been a long time hammocker. I just came up with this and was curious if anyone had ever thought of it themselves.

A problem that I sometimes run into but isn't really that much of a problem is that due to the nature of how gathered end hammocks are that they seem to put some stress on your knees because the hammock wants to form a "dish shape". I know there are some ways of getting rid of this problem but I thought of an interesting idea. Bridge hammocks use parabolic cuts to reduce this in their own way. So what I just thought of was if anyone had ever made the channels on the end of a gathered hammock parabolic ( or some similar shape) as well, as they would be able to make the outer edges of the hammock not curve up as much if that makes any sense. Essentially I am suggesting the make the edges of the hammock longer than the center by some amount so that the centerline of the hammock would be slightly shorter than the edges, not sure by how much, I would think only by less than a couple inches though. I would think by doing this you may be able to reduce pressure on your knees, and may be able to get even flatter with enough tweaking, not sure if it would be worth the effort that it would take to optimize this though. Optimizing this might allow someone to use more width in a shorter hammock rather than having to going to a longer length, but might run into under quilt width problems. If the difference between the centerline and the edge of the hammock is two great I would think the user might be inclined to slide out of the hammock, or that it might just be uncomfortable.

It may be worth it to do this as some style of whipping first instead of using channels to test this initially. I am going to try and test this soon once I get a chance, if there is an interest in it, I might test it either way lol.

I am curious to know if anyone has done this, or what people's thoughts on this are.

Hammock
    El Dorado
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    UQ varies
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Here is some testing.

我宁愿在山上。

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    The opposite works, quite well actually, and has been done before

https://theultimatehang.com/2013/09/...b_source=pubv1

Hammock
    El Dorado
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    UQ varies
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    By the way thank you for starting this.

You got me chasing down some interesting rabbit holes over the course of the day.

我宁愿在山上。

• + New Posts