Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    After reading that line in the newspaper’s xc skiing incident, “… a bad experience is worth more than good advice.” I thought of starting a new thread with that topic line. Because the posts may not necessarily be about hammocks, it might have to go in the (donation) RoundTable sub-forum.

But with respect to hands … one time on Mt. Hood, in my foolish youth, it started misting. It wasn’t “rain” so I didn’t want to stop and pull rain gear out and put it on. As we climbed higher, it began “misting” harder. Finally, after my outer garments were pretty wet, I figure it was time to put on my rain gear. All I had to do was unzip a compartment and pull it out. But when I took my hand out of the mitten to garb the metal zipper (this was long ago), the muscles in my hand wouldn’t work. I could only move the zipper a short distance before I could no longer grab it. I had to put the hand back in the mitten and rewarm it. What would have taken 20 seconds earlier, now took about 15 minutes. When I got home, I added cord pulls on all my zippers so I can pull them with my teeth. I also now have my raingear on the ready if it even hints of moisture.

If you are going to be out in 0°, try doing all your setup/takedown while wearing your winter mittens or gloves. If you bare your hand to the cold, you may not be able to tie your shoes.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 01-31-2022 at 21:47.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts