Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic View Post
    Beware of the sewing machine! It will cause a complete dissatisfaction with all off-the-rack items. You will want only bespoke items: clothing, packs, hammocks, etc. - all customized to meet your specific needs. Pockets here. Stuff sacks there. Hammock chairs, water bottle carriers, sling bags. You will be shopping remnants on Dutch’s site before you know it, and your project list will grow by leaps and bounds. Haha!
    Sounds like a slippery slope! Based on my sewing skills though, I wouldn't trust my gear not to fail! But that gives me some ideas to work up to! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic View Post
    Beware of the sewing machine! It will cause a complete dissatisfaction with all off-the-rack items. You will want only bespoke items: clothing, packs, hammocks, etc. - all customized to meet your specific needs. Pockets here. Stuff sacks there. Hammock chairs, water bottle carriers, sling bags. You will be shopping remnants on Dutch’s site before you know it, and your project list will grow by leaps and bounds. Haha!
    Well this hits close to home!

Great thread! My kids love camping in a hammock. I go with the cheaper ones for them though, lol.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo xl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamajamb
    Insulation
    Ugq 0 degree
    Suspension
    Slapstraps
    My lab carries his food as well as a chuckit travel mat when it's cold. When he was a puppy I would use a long tether and put the mat under my foot end. He never wandered so now he just sleeps where I put the pad which is near the foot end under whatever tarp setup I may have. As for the kids, there are options like the Vertex which you might consider as well, especially if you go out with them often. BizzyBee

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    Quote Originally Posted by BizzyBee View Post
    My lab carries his food as well as a chuckit travel mat when it's cold. When he was a puppy I would use a long tether and put the mat under my foot end. He never wandered so now he just sleeps where I put the pad which is near the foot end under whatever tarp setup I may have. As for the kids, there are options like the Vertex which you might consider as well, especially if you go out with them often. BizzyBee
    That Chuckit mat is pretty bulky, how do you attach it to the dog's harness/pack so that it stays put and doesn't end up lopsided the whole way. It would sure help my ultralight aspirations to get that out of my pack.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo xl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamajamb
    Insulation
    Ugq 0 degree
    Suspension
    Slapstraps
    On a short trip it's food in one side of the pack and chuckit mashed into the other side. If we need both sides for food then we roll or fold it and stick it through the handle on the harness. He loves it...we have to pack his pack in the garage because he starts dancing around the house as soon as he sees it! I like that it works the same is a human pad providing insulation from the ground. He does fine even on snow with it provided the temp is not too cold or windy. In those conditions he is with one of us.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123