Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images

HangCon 2022 Trip Report

Made it to HangCon this year. First time I have made it down there since it moved from Doe Lake. The campground is not bad and I liked the stream meandering thru the area. My only complaint would be that due to atmospheric conditions Friday night it sounded like the I 75 traffic was coming thru my hammock and woke me up at midnight. Could not get back to sleep so I went down to the fire and stayed up till about 3 / 3:30 before going back to bed.

Thursday night it got down to about 46 degrees. Friday night it got down to 40 degrees. Got to meet many old friends and hopefully made some new ones. Helped Florida Hanger maintain the sacred fire so he could take a break.

Food was good...nothing fancy, just good. Thanks to the cooks.

Glad to see a variety of vendors show up. Always like to be able to meet and talk to the folks who make the gear I have bought.

Left Saturday AM as wife texted me that snow storm due in our area that originally was suppose to be a couple of inches was now going to be about a foot of snow. No big deal except with that much snow I would not be able to get to our house as the road leading to the house is very steep and even with my 4wd truck I don't think I could make it. Going thru Atlanta, they had winter weather advisory alerts on many of their electronic bill boards.

Probably just as well that I left before the raffle as I would have won everything had I been there ( at least that is what I am telling myself )Hopefully next year The Terminator will be feeling better and will be able to join me along with our dogs.
    Last edited by gunner76; 01-17-2022 at 15:24.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    HG w/zippered net
    Tarp
    HG DCF Palace
    Insulation
    HG Economy quilts.
    Suspension
    DG Spider/poly+BBs
    HangCon 2022 was another great hang!!

Great venue, good weather, terrific food, friendly folks and lots of very helpful (and friendly) vendors and creative ideas/products.

Thanks to EVERYONE who contributed to this successful outing!!

In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts