Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain

Spindrift with lynx quilt

Hey all… contemplating a nett less ridge runner with a spindrift that I’d keep attached.
    is that something that would allow me to still hook and unhook a full length lynx underquilt. I realize it might be a little more fiddle but hoping for opinions from someone who knows.
    thanks
    kris

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner/blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    Bushwack minifly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Wooki
    Suspension
    Dutch spider/poly
    It’ll work great, I have a friend that has a second ridgerunner without a net he keeps attached with the spindrift. It just takes a bit longer to attach the lynx with a spindrift net or no net.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush
    Suspension
    HF Strap Anchor
    I have a dedicated nettless Ridgerunner/Spindrift with no issues hooking/unhooking underquilts.

Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    Awesome! Thanks! After much deliberation ordered Scandinavian lynx last week.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    I use a spindrift and an under quilt. I leave all of it hooked up including leaving my pillow and top quilt in the ridge runner, slip the catch all sack over all of it and pack it away. Zero fiddle factor.

Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltfly View Post
    I use a spindrift and an under quilt. I leave all of it hooked up including leaving my pillow and top quilt in the ridge runner, slip the catch all sack over all of it and pack it away. Zero fiddle factor.

I like ZERO fiddle factor!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner/blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    Bushwack minifly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Wooki
    Suspension
    Dutch spider/poly
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmazuro View Post
    Awesome! Thanks! After much deliberation ordered Scandinavian lynx last week.
    Nice!

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I believe the SpinDrift has had some evolution. With the first one I bought - long ago with a RR of the same vintage - a zipper on each side was an (inexpensive) option. Having mini-D-rings on the inside to attach the bug net - if desired - might have been an option too. You had to undo the suspension lines from the apex hardware in order to fit them through small metal grommets. And the RR poles went in metal hardware and lived inside the SpinDrift. I wanted two zippers so I could enter from either side. Without the second zipper, you’d have to always enter on the left side of the head end (facing the foot end). I imagined I might have a situation where I wanted to enter from the right.

Now WB has a new RR and probably a new SpinDrift. The RR no longer uses metal connectors for the spreader bars and probably not even a metal apex connector. And I think the spreader poles are on the outside of the SpinDrift. The interior D-Rings for the bug net may be standard, but I don’t know about a zipper on each side.

I use mine all the time when I sleep out at home. There’s a big street light that shines right in my eyes and despite it no longer being required by city code, I can’t get the city to turn it off. So the SpinDrift provides light blockage and privacy from the neighbor’s windows. Works Great. Because it’s a hassle to undo the suspension to take the SpinDrift off, I leave it on all the time. With both doors unzipped I have plenty of ventilation and view. And I can still use the bug net if needed.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 01-17-2022 at 19:22.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    I believe the SpinDrift has had some evolution. With the first one I bought - long ago with a RR of the same vintage - specifying a zipper on each side was an (inexpensive) option. Having mini-D-rings on the inside to attach the bug net - if desired - might have been an option too. You had to undo the suspension lines from the apex hardware in order to fit them through small metal grommets. And the RR poles when in metal hardware and lived inside the SpinDrift. I wanted two zippers so I could enter from either side not matter if the head end was left or right. Without the second zipper, you’d have to alway enter on the left side of the head end (facing the foot end). I imagined I might have a situation where I wanted to enter from the right.

Now we have a new RR and probably an new SpinDrift. The RR no longer uses metal connectors for the spreader bars and probably not even a metal apex connector. And I think the spreader poles are on the outside of the SpinDrift. The interior D-Rings for the bug net may be standard, but I don’t know about a zipper on each side.

I use mine all the time when I sleep out at home. There’s a big street light that shines right in my eyes and despite it no longer being required by city code, I can’t get them to turn it off. So the SpinDrift provides light blockage and privacy from the neighbor’s windows. Works Great. Because it’s a hassle to undo the suspension to take it off, I leave it on all the time. With both doors unzipped I have plenty of ventilation and view. And I can still use the bug net if needed.
    The d rings and opposite side zip is standard now and yes the bars are on the outside. And I fully agree with you about the installation pains. Best to just leave that sucker on there for the whole trip for sure. Great option though for the RR.

• + New Posts