I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I watched a couple late last night. Learned some stuff. Good teacher that guy. Does not come off as a know-it-all.
    I'd take his class.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    WEB
    Images
    Check out "The Ecology of Coevolved Species." Be prepared to be snowed under for there is on overload of information on just one video.

Hammock
    1.2 MTN streamliner + myog net
    Tarp
    HG DCF Std, Lawson
    Insulation
    Wooki, old EE TQ
    Suspension
    1.4 UHMWPE, Becket
    Nice recommendation! Not exactly in the same vein, but Attenborough has the all-plant Green Planet airing now on BBC. Worth watching for the insane time lapse video tech they use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew that there were dry stone walls in New England but hadn't realised their extent or known about the reasons for their construction. Very common here in the north of England where the land was very stony so when it was opened for agriculture there was a lot of material so they made the field boundaries out of this waste material - he talks about this at the 16min mark - those really wide walls are known here as "consumption walls". Building dry stone walls is my job so was interested in that. Incidentally for every running metre of wall there's roughly a tonne of stone, that's for a wall that comes to between elbow and shoulder height (1.2m or so). I can do about 3 metres a day - not much need to go to the gym!

I like his style, the antithesis of the false jeopardy, insincere hype of much of many "documentaries".

I don't know how BBC programmes are presented outside the UK but the nature documentaries they produce (The Green Planet, etc.) are typically 50mins or so long to allow for insertion of adverts (the BBC doesn't have adverts) so the remaining ten minutes of the scheduled hour is filled with "how we did this" shorts, things like how the time lapses were done. Well worth seeking out but I don't know if they are generally available.
    Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry - Viking proverb

Hammock
    1.2 MTN streamliner + myog net
    Tarp
    HG DCF Std, Lawson
    Insulation
    Wooki, old EE TQ
    Suspension
    1.4 UHMWPE, Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-W View Post
    I don't know how BBC programmes are presented outside the UK but the nature documentaries they produce (The Green Planet, etc.) are typically 50mins or so long to allow for insertion of adverts (the BBC doesn't have adverts) so the remaining ten minutes of the scheduled hour is filled with "how we did this" shorts, things like how the time lapses were done. Well worth seeking out but I don't know if they are generally available.
    I believe the only way to watch Green Planet in US at the moment is to download or use a vpn to connect to BBC iPlayer. I was able to watch the mini-docs that way. Wild stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Wessels is even better in person than on video. I work with a conservation organization that has done events and hikes with him, and he's just awesome. Crazy knowledgeable, but fun and approachable, and leads a great hike. It's a real treat to go out into the woods with him. An extremely cool guy.

Forest types determine the nature of forest landscapes and their hygienic and aesthetic features. It gives an idea of the possible directions of development of this type of forest and, consequently, the economic measures necessary to form such landscapes that would fully satisfy the tasks facing the forest park in general and this landscape in particular. With knowledge of the features of the landscape, the gardener jscustomlandscaping.com can easily change it.
    Last edited by CristopherMay; 05-27-2022 at 06:26.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    After seeing these video's I bought his book and learned a ton. Not all of it was applicable to my local MN woods but it gave me a greater insight into reading the trees in the woods I frequent. At a local park now (Resevoir Woods) I can pick up likely basal scars from trail/road work, or connect the growth of trees to local historical events, really cool stuff.

It really makes me want to work on learning to identify different trees as well. I know more than the average person but still get stumped quite a bit while out and about.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12