Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

Does splice-able retroreflective dyneema/UHMWPE rope exist?

All the retroreflective rope I find isn't splice-able. If what I'm looking for doesn't exist, does anybody have tips on adding reflectivity to 7/64" Amsteel without interfering with UCR/Whoopie function?

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Yes. It exists.
    There are lots of splicable reflective dyneema cord options at 2mm or thinner, but clearly you are already aware that you shouldn't trust whoopies made with cord that thin.

Lawson used to sell something called "Reflective Dyneema Whoopie line", but I haven't seen it on their site for awhile.
    Dutch sells something called Reflect It which is basically dyneema with a reflective cord woven in. All I see on his site now are the thinner diameters, but I bought some 2.8mm from him back in 2020 so maybe he's just out of the thicker stuff right now.

The only cord I've been able to find recently that would fit your needs is Litesmith Catzye
    https://www.litesmith.com/catzye-ref...-hammock-line/

If you just want some reflective whoopie slings, you can buy 4mm pre-made whoopies on Amazon (you can get almost anything on Amazon it would seem)
    https://www.amazon.com/Ymiss-Hammock...01N8UFY9X?th=1

Please note: I haven't bought anything from either of these vendors, so I can't vouch for their quality.

If you just want to make your normal whoopies more visible at night, you can try tying short lengths of regular reflective cord at a couple of places spaced along the whoopie. A half dozen snips of reflective cotton shoelaces (3 for each whoopie) would add less than an ounce and serve double duty as water breaks. You can find them cheap on Amazon (of course) and at Wallyworld, running stores, and sometimes inexpensive places that cater to the younger crowd like Claire's, Spencers Gifts, and 5 Below.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Thank you. Litesmith is out of the lighter, more desirable (to me) material, no ETA given on restock. The vendor directed me to Dutch's Reflect-it, which is on the other side of the Goldilocks zone in terms of weight. I think I'll just decorate my Amsteel UCRs with some prusiks in the light reflective cord I already have.

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Thank you. Litesmith is out of the lighter, more desirable (to me) material, no ETA given on restock. The vendor directed me to Dutch's Reflect-it, which is on the other side of the Goldilocks zone in terms of weight. I think I'll just decorate my Amsteel UCRs with some prusiks in the light reflective cord I already have.
    That's actually a pretty cool idea. I went back to my original UCR's on my Tensa stand and it would be cool to have a little reflectivity on those.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

• + New Posts