El Dorado
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    UQ varies
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Cloud .71 Hammock Chair.

It's snowing and below-freezing where I am today.

Even the yeti is curled up under my desk.

That is not a small desk nor a small dog by the way.

But as I was in my garage. Boiling water to make some tea.

Staring at my collection of the greatest literature man's ever produced and trying to decide what kind of space opera sci-fi novel I felt like starting next.

It occurred to me that I've been happy enough with the chair that I'm lounging in to recommend it to two different people over the last few days.

Maybe I should tell you how happy I've been with it in one go.

Obviously I'm pretty happy. Let's start with the bad. This is actually my second one. My first one didn't even see three uses before it got a tear.

Whenever I inspected it it look like a manufacturing defect. The stuff pocket was not sewn through the double fabric all the way. The seam attatching the pocket had wandered onto the single layer fabric and appeared to have started tearing at being unpacked one of the first few times I used it.

I received a replacement in the mail promptly no fuss no trouble.

Now this is an ultralight fabric. You would expect such things to occur with either improper usage or improper assembly and be perfectly fine through a normal lifetime of wear otherwise.

Except this is kind of new fabric. What is a normal life time for it to begin to show wear?

I figured priced at $40, if I got 40 hours of use over eight trips or so (16 deployments) I'd feel okay about starting to find signs of wear, small snags, a popped thread. But I expected that to be just the beginning of its life still.

I passed that level of usage in the first couple weeks.

I saw no signs of wear then, so I stopped being careful.
    I have used the hell out of this thing. I got it after a trip in June where I found that I really didn't like a camp chair anymore for anything but sitting right by the fire.

During most of the summer I found myself putting it up or taking it down in my backyard twice a day 2 or 3 days a week. And trying to go out and read for at least 20 minutes of quiet anytime I had a chance on the other days.

I started shoving it into my snack bag on my mountain bike. And two or three times a week I'd be pulling it out and hanging in the woods somewhere while I ate lunch.

I even read enough in it I a strung a tarp over it the for a couple days cuz I didn't want to take it down. I didn't even want to have to grab it and hang it on a toggle. I wanted it ready.

And now I've it set up in a tensa stand in my garage and I use it several times a day still.

Looks brand new after six months of very hard use.

I attached a couple of Parnell prussics to it for suspension and I've been wadding them up into the pocket with the hammock itself this whole time.

I use this for a child swing. Swing, for two or three jumping kids.
    I dig my feet in and shove myself around it it.
    I am not gentle anymore. I might be trying to damage it before my next big trip this year so I have an excuse to buy another one.
    I want another one and a chameleon with a bugnet.

I've got it set up right now for lounging and reading. I've found you can adjust this to sit upright, lay back, nap, sit sideways and swing.

I find it very versatile. Really comfortable.

The fabric does not stretch under you as much as you would fear it's slightly firmer than 1.4 Hexon I believe.
    It's a monofilament fabric so the texture is very slightly bumpy, you can feel the filaments. It is not in any way uncomfortable. But it's like the difference between silk and rayon. This is not a nylon fabric.

I don't think you can go wrong getting one of these.
    I would feel perfectly comfortable taking a hammock made out of this fabric for a month long trip.

I'd let my wife take a hammock made out of this as her only bed and go wandering off in the woods alone for awhile and a bit.

More photos
    I can't see the inline photos so I assume that Google photos doesn't work well with others. Here is a direct link to all the things I put in the original post.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/GqRKswF81sJ59Tac6

我宁愿在山上。
    Last edited by rmcrow2; 01-06-2022 at 17:01. Reason: I can't see the inline photos. Adding link.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Lots of views. No replies - until now. I guess you've covered it. Well done.
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    9' Noah
    Insulation
    Primaloft Gold
    Suspension
    Webbing N Cinchbuc
    Images
    Looks good. I bet it packs down really small. I may have to look into this.
    The essential part of me can not be discussed here. Ask me in person.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    That's quite the vote of confidence. I've been looking at the .71 cloud fabric, and I've been skeptical. For $40, maybe I'll let someone buy me one for a gift one day

• + New Posts