Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema Tarp
    Insulation
    SuperShelter DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie / toggle

Cold Sleeper in Ontario, saying howz it goin?

It all started in August of 2016, a trip to Whistler, BC and 2 days / solo / 40 plus kms mountain hiking inspired me to want to hike and camp. In March 2017, I purchased a light weight tent, sleeping bag and a very inexpensive hammock with a mosquito net. That summer I brought along that hammock and it was lovely. Shortly afterward the adjacent site folks were sleeping in…hammocks!

I studied, and bought HH set up with their super shelter, asym rainfly and whoopie slings. I was excited about the whoopie slings and I when I figure how they work, it blew my mind. The super shelter UQ and asym wasn’t warm enough and woke up after a snow fall with snow caught up in the UQ.

More research, HG Dyneema Tarp with doors, warbonnet TQ and DIY UQ, along with Zing-It, Amsteel, Shockcord and making my own continuous loops, ridge line and tie out lines with dutchware hardwear. My brain was in high gear, creating and thinking.

Tested myself and my gear at La Cloche Silhouette Trail Killarney Provincial Park in the summer of 2018. Everything was weighed and carefully contemplated. My packing list gear, food and clothes were flawless.

This past summer, I packed up my gear in a dry bag and paddle boarded to Wolf Island Provincial Park. Besides forgetting my tree straps, (which I improvised using my water bottle strap and Big Carl Pack Hanger) it was wonderful trip.

I’m drawn back to this forum wondering what dog bone loops are and what they are used for. I course I found the answer in this forum.

Shug and his influence…a big thank you!

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    I hope you sleep warm now. I’m guessing you already have or will dial in your insulation to sleep warm.
    I’m still working on my tarp guylines. I had a guyline on each of four corners. That was not enough, with a light breeze, my tarp ballooned like a parachute, letting wind blown rain land on my hammock.

Got more zingit to add more guylines and possibly have makeshift doors by pulling the end corners together.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema Tarp
    Insulation
    SuperShelter DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie / toggle
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    I hope you sleep warm now. IÂ’m guessing you already have or will dial in your insulation to sleep warm.
    IÂ’m still working on my tarp guylines. I had a guyline on each of four corners. That was not enough, with a light breeze, my tarp ballooned like a parachute, letting wind blown rain land on my hammock.

Got more zingit to add more guylines and possibly have makeshift doors by pulling the end corners together.

Thank you for responding. Im of the type that has to get warm to fall asleep. -5C TQ and clothing layers help.

My Ridgeline, tarp guylines is the same as:
    https://youtu.be/omSVh7T9_VI

It's been working great. My Zing-It ends are fraying making the line difficult to go through the tarp worm. Need to fix that.

• + New Posts