WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    If you only use the BB at home and don't need to adjust the suspension length, I'd recommend a fixed suspension. I use both straps with triglides (to form a loop that won't slip) or woven daisy chain straps (like Dutch Spider Daisy Chain webbing). If you want to stick with the cinch buckles, just add a knot behind the buckles. That way they cannot slip.

And yes, I do have a Ridgerunner but don't use it because the design (with the elevated head area) is giving me neck pain. I have been sleeping in a Townsend Luxury for the last half year and am liking it a lot. It's the best bridge I have used so far. For a bed replacement, I can also recommend a Mayan (not Brazilian) hammock. No other GE hammock is as comfortable and I haven't had a calf ridge, yet.

Hammock
    El Dorado
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    UQ varies
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisRising View Post
    By the way... since you seem to be familiar with Warbonnet, have you any experience with Warbonnet's bridge hammock? I've heard that it's even more comfortable than the WBBB. Just curious. Might buy one.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
    I generally sleeping in El Dorado. I I am using a ridgerunner right now.

If you are a Restless sleeper gathered in hammocks are more comfortable as you won't have to wake up as far through the night whenever you are rolling and readjusting.

Bridge hammocks require you to stay more in one area of a hammock and when you are flipping around you have to be slightly more conscious or you fall. They feel a lot more open though. And in my ridgerunner it's pretty easy to get the perfect zero g position with no calf Ridge or pressure anywhere.

A bridge hammock also looks slightly less the peculiar people hanging in your bedroom.

我宁愿在山上。

Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    If you only use the BB at home and don't need to adjust the suspension length, I'd recommend a fixed suspension. I use both straps with triglides (to form a loop that won't slip) or woven daisy chain straps (like Dutch Spider Daisy Chain webbing). If you want to stick with the cinch buckles, just add a knot behind the buckles. That way they cannot slip.

And yes, I do have a Ridgerunner but don't use it because the design (with the elevated head area) is giving me neck pain. I have been sleeping in a Townsend Luxury for the last half year and am liking it a lot. It's the best bridge I have used so far. For a bed replacement, I can also recommend a Mayan (not Brazilian) hammock. No other GE hammock is as comfortable and I haven't had a calf ridge, yet.
    I'll definitely have to look into your suggestions. Thank you. And, I'll be doing the slip-knots for the cinch straps. Should've done that from the get-go, but didn't think it would be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcrow2 View Post
    I generally sleeping in El Dorado. I I am using a ridgerunner right now.

If you are a Restless sleeper gathered in hammocks are more comfortable as you won't have to wake up as far through the night whenever you are rolling and readjusting.

Bridge hammocks require you to stay more in one area of a hammock and when you are flipping around you have to be slightly more conscious or you fall. They feel a lot more open though. And in my ridgerunner it's pretty easy to get the perfect zero g position with no calf Ridge or pressure anywhere.

A bridge hammock also looks slightly less the peculiar people hanging in your bedroom.

我宁愿在山上。
    Gotcha! That's funny your comment about the peculiarity of it hanging in your bedroom. Lol. Gonna have to at least try one just because I'm curious about the difference.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    TravisRising, the RidgeRunner has a different feel, not an intrinsically better feel. Some people like the feel of the bridge more than a gathered end hammock so the RR feels better FOR THEM. If you try a bridge hammock, remember to hold the back edged when entering/exiting the hammock. There’s an I love Lucy Alaska episode on YouTube that explains this. If I were at home, I’d paste in the link. But I’m a 10 finger typist, not a two thumb typist.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    TravisRising, the RidgeRunner has a different feel, not an intrinsically better feel. Some people like the feel of the bridge more than a gathered end hammock so the RR feels better FOR THEM. If you try a bridge hammock, remember to hold the back edged when entering/exiting the hammock. There’s an I love Lucy Alaska episode on YouTube that explains this. If I were at home, I’d paste in the link. But I’m a 10 finger typist, not a two thumb typist.
    Thank you.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    This may give some insight.
    And then, maybe not~
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    And then, maybe not~
    Shug

It's Shug!!! Wuz uuup?! Feel like I've just been contacted by a celebrity! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    And then, maybe not~
    Shug

Now, if you could only give me an inside track to a used Tensa4 hammock stand, you'd be my new favorite person!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisRising View Post
    It's Shug!!! Wuz uuup?! Feel like I've just been contacted by a celebrity! Lol.

Yes, a Class C celeb! haaaa
    Good luck with the calf and all.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast