Hammock
    Banshee UL / Poltergeist SUL
    Tarp
    Dutch Dyneema
    Insulation
    Trailheadz 1000fp
    Suspension
    Spyder / Dutch

First Group Hang - What do you bring? Some snow & temps high 20s to mid-teens.

Does anyone have packing lists or thoughts for a winter group hang? Thx!

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Hammock, under quilt, top quilt, tarp, hammock suspension, tarp suspension, tarp guylines, stakes,
    warm clothes, warm boots, camp chair, coffee, coffee mug, stove of your choice-alcohol, gas canister, propane, matches or lighter or ferro rod, toilet paper, food, salt&pepper, extra socks, toboggan or insulated beanie, rain coat, gloves, hiking poles, fork&spoon, water filter kit, and a fry pan…

Sherpa guide, maps&compass, downloaded maps from trail apps on your fully charged phone, along with fully charged battery to recharge your phone,
    head lamp

And some cheese with a sharp knife, so you can cut cheese with ease…

These are just basics, feel free to drop and or add items to match your trip
    I’m sure there are better lists that will pop up on internet searches

I don’t usually have a packing list, and as I’m rolling to piney woods—I wonder what I’ve forgotten this time.

Mainly, just get out in piney woods and don’t forget to pack Happy Face! Lol

Hammock
    Blackbird warbonnet
    Tarp
    LiteAF
    Insulation
    anything with down
    Suspension
    all the above
    I find a piece of Reflectix for my chair to sit on is very helpful in those cold nites around the fire..

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Good list from PG!

If you're car camping, also bring a big blue tarp (the cheap and heavy ones from Walmart) to string up as wind break or shelter from snow, and lots of cheap cord for rigging it up. For the chair, nice to have a piece of CCF (closed cell foam) to insulate the seat and back.

And if you plan to walk in the woods it's nice to have snowshoes and/or microspikes for traction, maybe even at camp... compacted snow can be pretty treacherous.

Bring a thermometer such as Thermodrop that registers overnight low so you can brag about how cold it got!

And most of all, make sure the UQ rating is adequate and that the quilt itself is well adjusted.. You can always pile on more clothing or more stuff on top, but supplementing the UQ is harder. However, that CCF pad you use in your chair can work wonders for eliminating CBS (cold butt syndrome), which can happen even with fairly well tuned setups.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Dutch Netless -n- Summer Sock
    Tarp
    Superfly / Noah 12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, blubber
    Suspension
    Cinch -n- Whoopie
    So I used to use the hot water bottle trick: boil water, pour into a metal water bottle, put the water bottle in a sock, put it in the hammock for added warmth.

Last few times though I have had great success with a chemical "body warmer" - similar to those hand warmers but bigger and with adhesive. I adhere it to my base layer on my chest and am toasty all night. Added warmth. I do not rely on this to extend the temp ratings of my gear, just to cozy up a bit.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Dyneema
    Insulation
    Trailheadz 1000fp
    Suspension
    Spyder / Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    Hammock, under quilt, top quilt, tarp, hammock suspension, tarp suspension, tarp guylines, stakes,
    warm clothes, warm boots, camp chair, coffee, coffee mug, stove of your choice-alcohol, gas canister, propane, matches or lighter or ferro rod, toilet paper, food, salt&pepper, extra socks, toboggan or insulated beanie, rain coat, gloves, hiking poles, fork&spoon, water filter kit, and a fry pan…

Sherpa guide, maps&compass, downloaded maps from trail apps on your fully charged phone, along with fully charged battery to recharge your phone,
    head lamp

And some cheese with a sharp knife, so you can cut cheese with ease…

These are just basics, feel free to drop and or add items to match your trip
    I’m sure there are better lists that will pop up on internet searches

I don’t usually have a packing list, and as I’m rolling to piney woods—I wonder what I’ve forgotten this time.

Mainly, just get out in piney woods and don’t forget to pack Happy Face! Lol
    This is great, thx!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Dyneema
    Insulation
    Trailheadz 1000fp
    Suspension
    Spyder / Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    Good list from PG!

If you're car camping, also bring a big blue tarp (the cheap and heavy ones from Walmart) to string up as wind break or shelter from snow, and lots of cheap cord for rigging it up. For the chair, nice to have a piece of CCF (closed cell foam) to insulate the seat and back.

And if you plan to walk in the woods it's nice to have snowshoes and/or microspikes for traction, maybe even at camp... compacted snow can be pretty treacherous.

Bring a thermometer such as Thermodrop that registers overnight low so you can brag about how cold it got!

And most of all, make sure the UQ rating is adequate and that the quilt itself is well adjusted.. You can always pile on more clothing or more stuff on top, but supplementing the UQ is harder. However, that CCF pad you use in your chair can work wonders for eliminating CBS (cold butt syndrome), which can happen even with fairly well tuned setups.
    Thank you!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Dyneema
    Insulation
    Trailheadz 1000fp
    Suspension
    Spyder / Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by stryder View Post
    So I used to use the hot water bottle trick: boil water, pour into a metal water bottle, put the water bottle in a sock, put it in the hammock for added warmth.

Last few times though I have had great success with a chemical "body warmer" - similar to those hand warmers but bigger and with adhesive. I adhere it to my base layer on my chest and am toasty all night. Added warmth. I do not rely on this to extend the temp ratings of my gear, just to cozy up a bit.
    Thanks!

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Large adhesive patches by Hot Hands, peel backing off and stick on outside of a shirt close to you, but not touching skin. Might help if under quilt has a cold spot
    Folding camp table, bring extra water—it’s easy to use a gallon a day for coffee, cooking, washing hands and mugs

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Bring everyone candy)))))
    It is a nice buy-off.
    Have fun.