Hello (again!) from the UK

Hello, folks - hope everyone is okay.

I've come back to this foum after quite a long time. The short version of my story is that I was suddenly ambulanced to hospital some three years ago after a collapse and was diagnosed with a colloid cyst in the middle of my brain. It was inhibiting the flow of cerebral fluid down the spinal column, causing backpressure in my brain which had been causing the significant headaches I had been having daily. It was going to finish me, so I had emergency surgery to remove it. That saved me, but it took a year for me to really "come around". Three years after my surgery and I pretty much have all of my memories back, including this forum, which I used to participate in as "Strikealight". I am now back doing my professional job, having re-established my qualifications. I went back to hammocking during my long convalescence and - as usual - found it to be extremely rewarding and therapeutic. It played a significant role in my recovery.

I sincerely hope that you are all managing through this latest stuff that we have been facing and that hammocking has provided you with something to keep you going as well.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Welcome back Eagalitaire!

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Glad to hear of your complete recovery! Welcome back!
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC, Haven Safa
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Snugpak cocoon
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Welcome back. My dad had a pretty bad accident almost 3 years ago. I bought him a hammock this past fathers day. It has helped him tremendously. He says he wished he had received it sooner. Really helps relieve back pain. And just the mental factor of being alone and in nature for a little while every day. Good luck with your recovery.

Hammock
    trad cotton / yukon outfitters
    Tarp
    silnylon diy
    Insulation
    diy, a mix
    Suspension
    straps to becket
    Welcome back. Glad you were able to recover and hope that you'll enjoy your return to the forum.

Hammock
    WBBB XL custom 1.1 single.
    Tarp
    Cuben HG w/doors
    Insulation
    Exped DownMat
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    Images
    Welcome back. Good luck with the recovery. About 6 years ago I was on a backpacking trip with a couple of fishing buddies (with a tent because it was an alpine lake just up in the rocks) and we were talking about medical issues when I mentioned one I was having. One of them said I know of that Doc, I would get a second opinion if I were you. I did and learned I had been living with stage 4 neck cancer. Long story short...I spent about a year going through chemo and radiation + rehab. I got through that by screwing around with hammock gear in my garage.
    Then we found out my wife also had terminal small cell lung cancer. After a long 5 years she lost the battle. Now I am going on backpacking trips with my hammock to spread her ashes in places she and I have backpacked into. I am about half way through that and will continue next summer. But, hammocking helped me deal with it all.

• + New Posts